2016 MAR(FMA?) Mt. Olive Discussion

Good afternoon all! Team 303 and I are very excited for the Mt. Olive competition this year. Thought id start a thread to post information or questions about the event.

Here are some of the links to get started:

Team Info Packet: https://goo.gl/wKvepB
Pit/School Map: https://goo.gl/I1YtJj

Webcasts:

Day 1 (March 5th) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM-cQnOA3nw
Day 2 (March 6th) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddDCaKKvCJM

Cant wait to see everyone this year!

Lets get some projected rankings and winners. As well as who were looking forward to see. I’m looking forward to see 303,1676, 222,1403, and 219.

If you care for an answer to the question your title asks, Mid-Atlantic Robotics is the name on the checkbook and FIRST Mid-Atlantic is the name on the website. I don’t know what name you get on your banners…

The name we get on the banner is “MAR FIRST robotics {Event Name} district competition” winner

That’s likely because banners were ordered before the (poorly-timed) FIRST HQ rebrand announcement.

As of the new branding rules, all regions must refer to themselves as “FIRST [Place]” to keep things consistent, which means the days of calling it MAR on the public-facing side are coming to an end. I’ve been trying to be diligent about it, but it’s probably going to go over as smoothly as the transition from Nationals to Championship… :ahh:

Back to topic - 1923 is very excited for Mt. Olive! Always a great event and we’re all really hype to start competition season. Looking forward to it!

I’m a ref and looking forward to it! By any chance, can I bum a ride with a team (or anyone else) in the mornings from the Holiday Inn where I’m staying? Alternatively, is Uber available there? If not, I might have to gasp get on a phone and call a taxi! What are those things again? (spoiled NYC guy here!)

I need to be at the venue by 7:30AM on Saturday…

Unfortunately Uber is not available in Mt. Olive, as far as I know.

You should definitely be able to find another team there who can help with transportation.

I am not sure if I will be in Mt. Olive for the event, otherwise I would offer.

I’m really looking forward to seeing what the other teams in MAR came up with! I’m sure the event will be a blast.

There are taxi services in the area.
If you really get stuck send me a PM and I’ll try to help.
Just be aware I am the CSA at the event so - late is not an option.
I figure by Saturday morning I’ll be up to my eyeballs in spare parts.

Always looking forward to Mount Olive, it is consistently the most fun, crazy event I attend every year. Can’t wait to see you all there, it should be one hell of a competition! :slight_smile:

1676 is excited as always for the 2016 Mt. Olive District. It’s one of the districts we’ve gone to each year since the inception of MAR, and 11/193 never fail to host a great event.

Like in years past, 1676 will be recording full-field footage of the competition and will be posting it ASAP to our official YouTube Channel. If you want a sneak peak of our robot before this weekend, we’ll be premiering our reveal video during the FIRST Updates Now Premiere Night tomorrow and then publishing it on our YouTube Channel as well.

Can’t wait to see everyone this weekend!

Better than FIRST Robo[b]itcs! :rolleyes:

I hear we may have a team with a bad OM5P-AN radio coming to Mount Olive.
I just ordered 2 spares to cover that from Amazon.

Anyone else coming to Mount Olive going to be walking in already in need of ‘spare parts’?

Let me know now so I can order/grab what I need.
I have whole robots I own myself but that doesn’t mean I have multiples of a particular part.

Plan ahead or get your rear caught in a bind :smiley:
Help me, help you :smiley:

That’s exactly what happened. The banners, trophies, FMS, etc. will all say MAR District.

The legal name for the organization remains “Mid-Atlantic Robotics”. The board approved a D.B.A. (does business as) to reflect FIRST’s branding request. Personally I still use the “MAR” acronym on all board and committee documents. I don’t see it as an issue to continue using “MAR” though once the IT committee establishes the official branding standards next summer, we’ll all know.

Good Luck to all teams at the Mt Olive District!

It will be interesting to see how Mt. Olive compares to Palmetto. Hopefully we see some higher-scoring games. Maybe even a multi-ball autonomous.

Are you alluding that 1403 has a two ball auto?

I wish it were so. No, I’m just curious about how long it will take to start seeing teams with multi-ball autos.

It’d be hard to legally do, since you can’t break the plane of the midline during auto. But anything is possible… :slight_smile:

team 5624 is excited to be playing a mount olive as last year we went to spectate. good luck to all teams there. :slight_smile:

The replacement radio has been received and tested during our remaining robot access period time.

Today we also received one as a spare or for use on our practice robot.

More toys for everyone else :smiley: