2017 Hudson Valley Rally

Team 5123 is pleased to announce that registration is now OPEN for the second annual Hudson Valley Rally, held on Saturday, September 30, 2017 at the Yonkers Police Athletic League at 127 North Broadway, Yonkers, NY 10701. Catering to FRC teams from New York City and the Greater NYC Metro Area, we are welcoming up to 24 teams!

Registration open NOW!:

If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at ymhsrobotics@gmail.com

As it appears the Mechadog’s website is down I figured I’d post first with teams attending.
4055 - NRG is registered

Please post if your team is attending, if someone from Mechadogs has a list, please post and update.

Thanks,
Steve

I don’t see 4055 registered. Did you go through hvr17.eventbrite.com?

So far we have the following teams registered. Just another FYI to everyone who may he interested, we are offering an early-bird registration price of $200 for teams who register before August 31.

Teams registered as of 6/21/17
2869 Regal Eagles
4122 Ossining O-Bots
5123 Mechadogs

It appears there are 2 active registration pages. I received this email last night.

Hi,

It appears that your registration for the Hudson Valley Rally went through an inactive registration page. As a result, we’ll manually add you to the list of registered teams. Did you select payment through Eventbrite, or will you be paying by check at the door/mailing in a check?

Thanks,
Anish De
Team 5123

FYI, this is the link that I went to and it appears to be active https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2017-hudson-valley-rally-registration-34712440845 It does still appear to be active and if you search for Hudson Valley Rally registration, this is the link that comes up.

I am going to register at the other link now.

Steve

Thanks for pointing that out. We’ll get right on that.

Sent from my Pure XR using Tapatalk

Just a quick update.

We currently have five teams registered for the event. We took down the inactive registration page, but if anyone did happen to stumble across it and registered, please check to make sure that your team is listed below.

We also had some questions about pre-rookie teams. We will be charging the full registration fee for prerookies who want to compete in the actual tournament with a loaner bot as we have exactly enough space for 24 teams and don’t want to take away from veteran teams who wish to compete. However, we will be have a couple matches during lunch between pre-rookie teams that is separate from the actual competition, and that is free for any pre-rookies / interested individuals or organizations. If anyone has any questions about that or have any interested pre-rookies, have them reach out to us at hvr@mechadogs.org.

Finally, here’s an updated list of registered teams:

2869 Regal Eagles
3419 Rohawks
4055 NRG
4122 O-bots
5123 Mechadogs

Do you have information about volunteering anywhere? It’s possible that I’ll be in NY during HVR, and if you guys need any help I’d be happy to volunteer.

Ditto on that question

Seeing no one from the team has responded yet, Click on the registration link in first post and then tickets. The first button is for volunteering.

Sorry, I haven’t been very good at checking this thread recently. Yes, if you are looking to volunteer for the event, our volunteer registration is on the same page as our team registration (hvr17.eventbrite.com). Click the tickets button and get a volunteer ticket.

Also, while I’m here, here is an updated attendance list (we are a quarter registered, yay!)

2869 Regal Eagles
3419 Rohawks
4055 NRG
4122 O-Bots
4571 Rambots
5123 Mechadogs

If you have any questions and we don’t get to them here immediately, feel free to reach out to hvr@mechadogs.org

Updated registration list:
694 Stuypulse
2869 Regal Eagles
3419 Rohawks
4055 NRG
4122 O-Bots
4571 Rambots
5123 Mechadogs

We encourage any teams interested to register before August 31 for a $50 discount off the $250 registration fee!

Another couple of updates:

1. I know that the volunteering portion for the signup wasn’t working as I had the deadline set for July 30th and not September 30, so that’s fixed now.

2. The early bird registration ends on August 31, 2017, so we encourage teams who may be interested in attending to at least reserve your ticket before then. You don’t have to pay at the time of registration, but can bring payment of the event the day of the event. Registering early will save your team $50!

3. Here is an updated team list:
    694 Stuypulse
    2869 Regal Eagles
    3419 Rohawks
    4055 NRG
    4122 O-Bots
    4571 Rambots
    5123 Mechadogs
    5943 The Bad News Gears

4. Now the bad news… While we’ve had great interest thus far, we will have to cancel the event if at least 16 teams do not register for the event prior to September 20. I understand that many schools have yet to reopen for the school year, so we are waiting until the very last minute to cancel the event. I hope that, in the event that we have to cancel, ten day notice is sufficient notice for our registered teams.

Thanks and reply or PM me with any questions.

I didn’t see this until just now, just signed up to volunteer (don’t think that my team can go sadly). Hopefully it doesn’t get cancelled, it’s an offseason within reasonably easy Uber reach of me (I live in NYC!)

Teddy,
I am again working hard to help you pull off a successful event. I have reached out to our Connecticut Senior Mentor and asked her to share an email with the district team to see if we can help fill the open slots. She is going to share my email with the teams as well as reach out to a couple important people in NEFIRST.
Is there anything else we can do to help you pull this off again? We are really looking forward to this event and want to find any way we can to be sure you can have another fun event this year.

Good luck,
Steve
NRG4055

BTW, here a copy of the email that I sent to Stacey:
*Stacey,
Could you please forward the following to you NE district contacts?

There is a semi-local second year off season event that we attended last year where we really had a blast. We had a chance to play with some regional teams that we haven’t seen since Hartford in our rookie and second season. They also had the best food of any event we’ve attended(except maybe ones catered by GUS).

They are looking for 24 teams but need at least 16 registered before September 20th otherwise they will need to cancel the event. Currently there are 8 teams registered.

The event is on Saturday September 30th at Yonkers Police Athletic League at 127 North Broadway, Yonkers, NY 10701

It was about an hour and 15 minute drive for us and we are in the northwest corner of Connecticut.

The registration link is here: Registration Link

Our team and NEFIRST supplied 1/3 of the boulders we used last year when AndyMark canceled their boulder rental. We’d hate to see them cancel this important fundraising event due to lack of attendance. They are a struggling inner city team that could use our support.

We are registered to attend and hope other NE District teams will attend also.

Thanks,
Steve Wootton
NRG4055*

Thanks for your help in advertising the even. I also had NYC FIRST contact teams in the NYC area as well. So, I hope we can fill up the spots. Also thanks for the compliment on our food. The folks at the PAL will be delighted to hear you liked it so much.

Another update!

Here are the currently registered teams!

333 The Megalodons
694 Stuypulse
2869 Regal Eagles
3419 Rohawks
4055 NRG
4122 O-Bots
4571 Rambots
5123 Mechadogs
5298 Etech Chargers
5943 The Bad News Gears

We have ten! Hopefully now that school is back in session in NYC and surrounding areas we can get 6 more!

We will be releasing the event schedule to our website hvr17.eventbrite.com and to an email to registered teams shortly.

Also, if you are a volunteer registered with us, please expect an email from us sometime next week!

Thank you and hope to see everyone interested on September 30!

EDIT: I also forgot. The early-bird registration is officially done. All team registrations are now $240 rather than $200. If your team is interested, but can’t come up with the additional $40, shoot us an email to hvr@mechadogs.org.

Teddy,
I have one team that is going to discuss this tonight and will most likely attend. I have one possible rookie team and a robot for them to use as well. Hopefully we can get them both registered.

Steve
NRG4055

The schedule has finally been decided on for the event, here it is:

7:30… Venue/Pits Open
8:30… Opening Ceremonies
9:00 - 12:30… AM Matches
12:30 - 13:30… Lunch
13:30 - 15:00… PM Matches
15:00 - 17:30… Eliminations
18:00… Closing Ceremonies

Currently we have 11 teams registered and cancellation does not look likely.

Thank you for your continued interest! We look forwards to the event on September 30!

Hey all,

Another update!

The event will NOT be cancelled. We have twelve teams registered (possibly one or two more).

All registered teams should have received and update email on Wednesday, if you haven’t just shoot me an email at hvr@mechadogs.org.

Volunteers should receive an email from me today or tomorrow.

Thanks!

Awesome! Cannot wait!