2017 WFFA & Chairman's Editing Assistance Available

I would like to offer 2017 FRC award submission assistance to any student participant that would like an independent review of their work. Mentors, please feel free to let your students know about this opportunity.

I will review for redundancy, spelling or grammatical errors, inconsistencies, structural flaws, and other small issues. I can also give pointers on the structure and content of your essay. You are obviously not committed to using any of my corrections or suggestions - this is strictly peer review. I need a Microsoft Word (.doc) file or Google Docs link of your award submission for the 2017 season, and will send back an edited copy with my recommendations and advice.

Here’s what you need to know:

• I do not share your submissions.

• I can have your submission back to you within 36-48 hours, or warn you in advance if it will be longer.

• Feel free to send me even the roughest of drafts. I will edit and re-edit as many revisions of your entry as you would like.

• If English isn’t your first language, I can help to refine your essay for grammar and phrasing to make it easier for native English speakers to read.

I am a 16-year FIRST vet who believes strongly in teaching effective communication skills while developing students’ interests in STEM education, and have assisted with a few hundred submission drafts over the years. If you’re interested, please feel free to contact me via PM or ammorrison [at] gmail [dot] com.

Best wishes to all of you submitting for awards this season!

Amanda

Thank you so much I will forward this on to my students!

Likewise. You are a treasure and a saint (and a fine ambassador for the state of Indiana).

A quick note to remind students and mentors that the essay submission deadlines are coming up quickly. I encourage you to send first and rough drafts along soon and not wait until you’re almost out of time. I’m always happy to read over multiple drafts, too.

2017 has been a pretty busy year for editing submissions already, and I look forward to many more. :slight_smile:

Amanda

We’re within a few days of the final submission date! I’m well past the 30-essay mark already, but please feel free to send your submissions for immediate review.

Also, make sure you don’t leave the photo selection until the last minute. Now is the time to start gathering all materials together and putting the final touches on your essay.

Best,
Amanda