6144 Angelbots Gold
6171 :atom_symbol: Chain Reaction :atom_symbol:
6200 Xrams
6377 Howdy Bots
6682 Team Outreach A.S.T.R.O. Vikings
6832 Robotrojans STEAMex
6974 Zia Robotics
7059 Bot-E Builders

spy photo from the pits, 4183 in Flagstaff. I hear the design is subject to change, without notice.

Yeah you could say that…

Maybe or maybe not adding a better intake and some ramps but what do I know?

Week 5

The El Paso Regional

This coming weekend, 39 teams will travel to Deep West Texas to compete in the El Paso Regional. Like most Texas Regionals, this is an extremely top heavy regional. However, there are many teams to highlight.

TIPS

Team 418 has a cascading lift system that is capable of putting 5-6 cubes onto the scale in prime time. If they can work out the issues they had at Hub City, this might be their best chance in a while of getting the Champion Blue Banner.
Team 1817 is bringing a Wildcard (a rarity at this event) to this event, with their strong drivetrain and powerful Defense. If they can get their switch mechanism working, look to them to be playing late on Saturday.
Team 2468 will be playing the switch/exchange game all weekend, looking to handle both of those categories with ease. With their well deserved Regional Chairman’s Award (possibly their last if they can take home the Championship CA), they don’t have to worry about qualifying for Worlds. However, with the changes to their intake and delivery systems they currently have planned, this could be their chance to finally get past Quarterfinals.
Team 3481 is coming into this event with a robot similar to 418, except with a climbing mechanism. This will ensure that they can compete on the scale, and be able to snag those 30 extra points at the end of the game. Look to them picking or being an early pick-up.
Team 4063 is one of the few teams who can do the switch cube in auto. In addition, they bring a powerful drive train that will push anyone they want to push. With the changes to their intake planned for El Paso, the exchange will be no problem for these guys.
Team 4183 had a great performance at Arizona North, being a dominant force on the scale. With a quarter-final exit, they are looking to bounce back here at El Paso. They have changes to the intake and possibly a ramp if the weight and mechanism allows that would upgrade this team to the next level. Look to them playing late on Saturday, if they can form the right alliance.
Another team with a switch auto, team 5431 continued their tradition of building small, creating a robot that will fill the exchange quick, and take over switches efficiently. With a rather disappointing quarter-final exit at the Dallas Regional, look to them to bounce back at El Paso, and secure a berth to the World Championship.

LOCKS

Even though their school district forced them to attend El Paso, team 3310 is the clear favorite to win the regional. With a 1 Scale + 1 Switch auto that will be surely tuned by Friday, and a lighting fast elevator + drive train, 3310 is a robot that competes with the top tier. The one feature left to discuss is their ramp. We never saw the ramp work at Arkansas, but rest assured 3310 will be walking into El Paso with a “revamped” ramp, which will surely help them secure those extra RP. If they can get their Switch auto cube and their ramp on point, this should be a relatively easy path to the top 3 seeds.
Similar to 3310 in that they had no intention of going to El Paso prior to the registration fiasco, team 624 is another favorite to take home the blue banner. Bringing with them to El Paso will be an array of new autos, from 1 Scale + 1 Switch to 2 scale that will help them dominate Qualification matches, and a brand new ramp. After a Semifinal exit to HoF 1538/597 in San Diego, 624 is looking to bounce back at El Paso. If their auto and ramp performs consistently (and avoid getting red cards), then this will also be an easy path to the top 3 seeds.

Overall, if 3310 and 624 pair up, there is little else in their way to the banner, and playoff matches will likely be decided by the end of auto, as no other team at the regional has an auto mode that can rival 3310/624. Although with only 39 teams attending, a powerful 3rd bot may be enough to “tip the scales” into another alliances favor. And, if another team can manage to seed 1st (although it will be extremely hard because 3310/624 are the only teams that have demonstrated the ability to get 4RP), a scorched earth scenario could make for a very interesting battle between the two powerhouses.

As far as the battle for the Regional Chairman’s goes, 418, 1817, 624, 3310, 4063, and 5431 are all in the mix. Similar to the robot game, I’d be surprised if the winner wasn’t 624 or 3310, but alas, Chairman’s is Chairman’s!

Team 5431 is ready to Power Up in El Paso. Can’t wait to see all the teams there!

I’d hazard a guess that it’s someone close to your team.

Maybe Anuraag is secretly having a dialogue with himself…

Not sure where this info came from…

As soon as the regional dates were released, the team voted for Arkansas and El Paso. They were both our first choice.

Looking forward to El Paso!

If I was, I would have atleast said some facts. While we did do some cool stuff with Auto over the Spring Break, the info the account listed isn’t true. Also, not sure where the idea that we didn’t want to go to El Paso came from, we enjoyed Hub City last year and us students are looking forward to meeting new and old friends alike!

I’m not sure why this account would think anyone would not want to go to El Paso. The Awtybots were even considering making the trip but the dates didn’t work out with our school’s testing schedule…

Anyways, good luck to all the teams in attendance! I’m sure it will be great event!

4183 actually initially wanted to go San Diego and then AZ West, we even told all our sister teams that. Unfortunately, we got put in AZ North so we had to componsate and go to El Paso. Fortunately it all worked out and all our sister teams got into North as well. And now that I’m here at El Paso I can say it reminds me a lot of Tucson. I quite like it.

418 Purple Haze
624 CRyptonite
1164 Project NEO
1817 Llano Estacado RoboRaiders
1828 BoxerBots
2468 Team Appreciate
2583 RoboWarriors
2613 PROTOBOTS
3029 T-STEM Titans
3043 Dragons
3158 TECBOT
3310 Black Hawk Robotics