2018 FRC Update Suite for Linux

Does anyone know where we can find a link to a download for this year’s Update Suite for Linux? I know there is a download for Windows and Mac, but just last year we switched over all of our computers to Ubuntu and now we are having trouble trying to find a Update download. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The 2018 FRC Update won’t be released until Kickoff on January 6, 2018

It’s just finishing up development and testing now.

So far as I am aware, the Update Suite is available for Windows only.

That’s a good point. The Driver Station and NI utilities, such as the roboRIO Imaging Tool, are Windows only.

Linux can be used for programming, wpilib is developed on Linux as one of the platforms.

The Update Suite isn’t available for Linux, but you theoretically could get it to work, since you can just install an mDNS handler and use QDriverstation. Not saying I’ve gotten it to work. But you can try.

I’ve gotten QDriverstation to work. It’s a little buggy, but it does the job. I had to build it for my distro (Fedora), but if you’re on Debian and friends they provide a prebuilt package. To build yourself you need to install Qt Creator, but it’s pretty straightforward after that. You don’t even need to get mDNS to work, there’s a settings page where you can enter in an IP (if you use static IPs for your robots).