2019 Beach Bot Battle--Offseason Event

Please consider attending the 2019 Beach Bot Battle, hosted by Team Fusion 364 in Gulfport MS.!

4 Likes

This is by far our favorite offseason event. Looking forward to it again!

2 Likes

Clint,
Willing to help out however I can; just let me know.
Gus

2 Likes

That’s gotta be nice. First you meet them in a competitive attitude. Then you get to hang. ON THE BEACH.

3 Likes

Teams,

The Beach Bot Battle registration is now live at https://www.fusion364events.com/

Just scroll down and select the register button for the Beach Bot Battle. Payment can be made via paypal or by mailed check. The fee is $250 if registered before June 1st and $350 thereafter.

As of right now we will not charge for a second robot, however depending on the number of teams that attend the second robot may not be allowed to participate in playoffs. If you want your second robot to be guaranteed playoff eligibility your team will need to pay a second registration.

Please email me (clinton.brawley@gulfportschools.org) if you are planning to bring a second robot for planning purposes.

Just out of curiosity, will there be an Alliance Selection this year or is it just going to be qualification rounds?

There will definitely be alliance selections and eliminations. We’ve never not had them.

Thanks for the response! I didn’t know because TBA only has the Quals rounds from last year listed.

Landen_Kim

The playoffs don’t show on TBA for last year because we ran a round robin (Einstein) type playoffs were each alliance played each other alliance and then the top two played in the finals. The teams loved it, but TBA would not accept it.

Ahh ok gotcha, thanks for clearing it up!

I can confirm. It was a five-alliance round-robin followed by a best of three final. IIRC the #1 alliance defeated #4 in the finals.

Will graduating seniors be able to participate on the Drive Team, or will it follow the FRC Game manual definitions on the Drive Team?

3946 didn’t test this last year, as the drive team was (2018) Juniors and younger. I expect it to be OK, as we did have recent graduates on some Redstick Rumble drive teams. I never heard anything about anyone asking in that level of detail at either event. Still, the final call is up to @Fusion_Clint.

We would not presume to tell teams when to switch their drive team members. Our team just made this decision and it was difficult.

Bottom line, it is up to each team. We do ask that your drive team have been eligible for this past season.

Also a reminder that if your team is considering attending this years Beach Bot Battle the early registration ($250) ends Saturday at midnight; beginning June 2nd the registration fee increases to $350.

Register at https://www.fusion364events.com/beach-bot-battle.html

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification!

As of right now here are the teams that have confirmed attending the Beach Bot Battle in the order they registered.

2183 2nd bot

4 Likes

Add these two to the list.

2 Likes

Teams, we have decided that once we have 24 paying robots, that free second robots will not be included in the playoffs to insure that every paid robot gets a equal chance to participate in playoffs.

Unpaid second robots will still be able to participate in qualification rounds. It is up to your team on how you wish handle any second robot you decide to bring.

**If your team has already registered and decides to pay for second robot, we will honor the early bird registration fee. **

We currently have 20 paid robots attending, I am not sure if anyone else is bringing a second robot.
Here is the current team list. Still time to register.

2183 2nd bot
5997 2nd Bot

2992 is bringing a 2nd bot.

2 Likes