2019 Carver Division

houston

I’m sure it’s going to be Delicious:

1 Like

Super excited to be in the Carver Division. There’s a ton of awesome teams and we’ve got a lot of friends to play with/against. I’ll be doing some match prediction stuff once the preliminary schedules are out. Can’t wait!

0 Likes

Preliminary schedules are out already

1 Like

Stacked division. We could see a 2017 Newton alliance happen again seeing as 118, 1678, 4188 and 5892 are in the same division. I would very much like to see a 330/1678 alliance make it to einstein.

3 Likes

Yep, here they are

0 Likes

Sweet! I’ll get right to it.

1 Like

Newton is just as stacked if not more

1 Like

Hmm… the table isn’t pasting over to excel like it did last year. I’ll have to sort through it or manually type it out. Does anyone know how to extract a table from a PDF like this?

0 Likes

I ran it through an online converter and it turned out okay.

0 Likes

Prelim Match Predictions for Carver 2019 - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Jb10m_HEn21jd6aT6NgUThJytEyTtxvX-48NauLjOZ8/edit?usp=sharing

This uses MAX OPR pulled from frc.divisions.co. Take it with a grain of salt!

2 Likes

The PDF is password protected which is stopping the data export to .xlsx format. Does anyone have a different solution?

0 Likes

Thank you!

0 Likes

Would recommend 1/(1+10^((OPRBlue-OPRRed)/34.2)) instead of OPRRed/(OPRRed+OPRBlue) to give better calibrated win probabilities.

3 Likes

Looking forward to competing with everyone in Carver! First time I’ve been to Champs since Atlanta, will be interesting to see how a decade has changed it.

Wish we could be playing with 330 but glad I will get to see their farewell event.

2 Likes

Thank you! I’m not the best at statistics, I just like whipping up something easy just for everyone to take a look at. I’ll update it in the morning!

2 Likes

Hey Carver division, do you have trouble remembering all of the teams like I do? Well, I made a flashcard set for Carver teams. It has number, team name, OPR, city, and a picture of the robot (if it was available). Feel free to look it over so you’re more familiar with the your fellow competitors.

https://quizlet.com/_6g6rqf

0 Likes

I think your OPRs are a little off… otherwise I like the idea!

0 Likes

I just pulled from https://frc.divisions.co/r/south/d/Carver, the column of Max OPR

I don’t think the exact OPRs are too important for this application, but rather just to get a general sense of that robot’s skill.

0 Likes

118’s is correct.
1261 is listed as 43.1, should be 27.2. 43.1 is 330’s
1339 is listed as 36.8, should be 27.8. 36.8 is 364’s

The max OPRs are in team number order, but the team numbers are not.

0 Likes

Ah, I’ll fix it, thanks. I’m actually noticing that more OPRs are wrong, because that website sorts them in the actual number order, but the TBA API sorts them in order of the first number of their team (so 330 is grouped with the 3000 teams, etc…) and it threw off numbers. I’ll fix it all later tonight.

EDIT: OPRs fixed

If you have any good pictures of teams with no pictures, I’d appreciate a link. Some teams have tons of photos of the team members and events, but absolutely nothing of the robot itself (and I’d rather not use screencaps from matches)

0 Likes