2019 Field CAD

My version has only 23 missing parts, It appears to be mostly complete…

Ill go thru it tomorrow though and see if I can get a good STEP file out.

I uploaded the file that i used to create my top down renders (something something shamless plug) to grabcad. Its missing any of the aesthetic stuff that was missing, but the platforms at least now properly exist.

https://grabcad.com/library/fixed-deep-space-field-1

I took Nick Aarested’s Onshape document (which seems to have the same missing parts as anyone else’s) and thinned it out (stripping out things like hardware, the tops of the rockets, and internal rocket structure) so it isn’t total molasses on laptops and the like. No warranty, but maybe it’s helpful for you?

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/6d80e27f8720f75f697ce471/w/6059e899b2b735d960e5fdcd/e/f0b60a4ebdc0ba569f92bda3

Edit to add: Here’s a half-field version in case you’ve got a total potato of a laptop. https://cad.onshape.com/documents/ee96bc4296bb0c8a27ca53b1/w/29457742ccfd670b0e78a5e6/e/d7f823bd38076f4dad078919

2 Likes

Thank you to all that have worked on trying to solve the mistakes. Much appreciated!:grin:

@Billfred I like your skinny version, but I think there is a setting you could you turn on to let us non-onShape users download it and use it as a STEP file? Would you mind?

edit: I don’t know where the setting is, but I bet @RickyRobot knows!

I made a simplified version here in STEP format:

I loaded the .STEP into OnShape and it worked well on my phone. Still some weirdness I will try to correct (each element is a single part, but OnShape divides by the connection, long story…) but it works well enough for now.

Here is a .STEP file of the 2019 Field

3 Likes

Thanks Hadi.

Thanks!

Is it possible to copy the whole assembly or workspace into an assembly in a document in our account so we can break it down further into single structures?

Thanks Hadi! That was exactly what I needed. We are all Inventor over here and had nothing to convert the file with.

Not sure what you asking for…

I am trying to copy the full and half filed OnShape assemblies that BillFred posted into our OnShape account so I can make assemblies that only consist of one discrete part of the field, say the loading station. I can insert the individual parts from the assembly that BillFred posted but then I would have to spend time to figure out how to reassemble them properly. In searching in OnShape, I have come across a number of copies.

1. Open my document.
  2. Hit the Document menu (hamburger menu in upper left, by “Onshape”)
  3. Select “Copy Workspace”.

That should be all you have to do.

Thanks, Billfred

That worked. The way I was trying to do it before would generate an error message about your document being linked. So I learned something about how “files” are managed in OnShape :slight_smile:

Try sorting by file type size, it should be the largest file and be at the top

In previous years I have worked on the KOP and field model for Autodesk. This year I am working on other projects and just dropped in to check out how teams are progressing. Based on the comments in this thread I checked on the status of the field and KOP with the folks at Autodesk and I will be supplied with Inventor, Fusion 360 and STEP files of the field. I should have links posted later today.

If you need to contact me directly, please email at phil.dollan@autodesk.com

6 Likes

Everyone please take note of what Phil is doing for the community. While busy for other paying projects, he’s taking time out to get these files produced and distributed to the FRC community! This is what Gracious Professionalism is all about! :+1:
Thank you Phil, maybe we’ll see you at Champs in the future!