2019 Houston Pit Map Lookup (by team number or match number)

I remade my interactive pit map lookup from last year in Google Sheets, along with some upgrades that I stole from the Detroit map last year.

You can enter in team numbers to highlight them in yellow, or select a division and enter a match number to highlight teams in their respective alliance colors. It’s currently running on last year’s match schedules, I will update these once match schedules are posted on TBA, but it’s still functional to play around with right now.

I have no idea if the Inspection stations / Radio stations are in the same place, but it seems like there are still the same gaps between pits as there were last year, so I went ahead and left them where they were.

Screenshot:

How to get your own copy working:

1. Open this link
  2. Click File -> Make A Copy -> OK
  3. You can now edit the copy that you made, you should be able to find it in your Google Drive.

Good luck to everyone in Houston, especially all of our Colorado friends!

27 Likes

This is awesome, thank you!

0 Likes

As an fyi the match listings are still from 2018

2 Likes

@MARS_James

1 Like

My bad, my reading comprehension skills are failing me all over the place today.

4 Likes

This is a great help! Thanks Will!

1 Like

Match schedules have been updated to the preliminary schedules that were released yesterday.

4 Likes

Did you highlight all the Colorado teams? …hmmm :thinking:

3 Likes

Will is the GOAT. This map is awesome. I told all my students to download it today, if they didn’t they will regret it Wednesday. Thanks so much, man

2 Likes

I hate to be that person, but will you be updating this for Detroit also? I’d love to be able to use this to not get lost around the pits, but I’m volunteering in Detroit instead of Houston this year.

3 Likes

Yes, I’m planning on it. It should be a bit easier since the layout at Detroit actually makes sense.

4 Likes

One more question.
If the Houston Match Schedule changes from the Preliminary Schedule, will you be updating your spreadsheet?

0 Likes

Yes, it should be pretty easy to update too. However everyone that’s already made a copy of the spreadsheet will need to make a new copy for the match schedule(s) to be accurate again.

0 Likes

WillNess,
Could I simply replace the match schedule tab data for our field with the updated schedule?
That would prevent us from having to make a new copy.

0 Likes

Yes, but you’d have to make sure to have it in the exact same format that I have. If you let me know if/when any of the match schedules get changed I can update this myself. You could also just duplicate the new match schedule sheet that I update and upload that to your already existing copy (if you wanted to keep your original copy because you made some changes/edits).

0 Likes

@AriMB

I have the Detroit system set up, and it will auto load all 400 teams based on the copy/pasted pit address list I’ll grab when they’re released. Here’s what it looks like using the Houston pit address list & match schedules:

Everything look alright (format, color, etc…)? Any feature requests?

I’ll make another separate Chief post w/ the link to it when the pit addresses do come out.

0 Likes

Looks very nice, thank you for making this! I don’t have any suggestions at the moment but I’ll let you know if I think of anything.

0 Likes

Just a quick update:

5 of the 6 divisions have posted match schedules, and I believe they’re identical to the prelim schedules (please correct me if I’m wrong).

Turing has not released yet, hopefully the schedule stays the same. If not I’ll get it updated when it does.

0 Likes

Turing was finally published, and it was a different match schedule. This has been updated.

This means that if you are from Turing and you made a copy before about 2 minutes from this post, you should make a new copy with the correct match list.

0 Likes