FRC Team 166, the Chop Shop, would like to announce our first Code Review Party.
Given that the season is effectively ended, we thought it would be a fun idea to have teams learn from each other another way. Each team that signs up will be given another team’s code to examine and provide feedback. We ask that teams be respectful, and be looking for ways that both they and the teams that they review can learn and grow their software for the future. We will be connecting teams based on language, to help teams get the most benefit.
To sign up, fill out the form HERE.
- Registration will be open until 4/1/2020, at which point we will match up teams.
- Reviewing is an open-ended task, but we request that teams have reviews finished by 5/1/2020. This will allow teams to incorporate the feedback in their code for offseason competitions and future training.
- If we get enough teams signed up, we would like to give each team several other teams to review, to improve exposure to other concepts.
- Helpful feedback only - things like “use this language instead” are not helpful, most teams have a reason to use their chosen language.
- Feel free to ask questions!
- Reviews should be conducted via repository issues. This will help reduce the number of places to check for feedback. Suggestion is to have a single central issue, use a checklist for minor comments, and separate linked issues for major comments.
- By signing up, your team agrees to make their code open to review, and agrees to review the code of the team(s) they are given.