2020 Driver’s Test - Infinite Recharge

For many seasons now I have designed and supplied the community with a rules test for their students who are wanting to apply for the drive team. Every year I love hearing from the hundreds of people and teams who use it so I hope this year’s test will be just as useful for you!

Each season my mission with the test is to help teams find drive team members who are fully competent with the rules of the game, know the game’s lingo, and can think through various scenarios. It is designed to be difficult and covers the topics I would want my drive team members to know if I was selecting them. Questions are pulled primarily from the game manual but some could come from updates and the Q&A. Feel free to point out if there are any mistakes, places where you feel more testing is needed, or questions you feel are unfair and I’ll be happy to look into updating it.

I’ve attached a Word doc and PDF of the test below. Here is also a link to the PDF version online:
2020 Driver’s Test PDF

You can make a post on this thread or message me on here to get the answer key. I generally can get back to you with it pretty quickly.

Feel free to use the test however you would like, alter it to better fit your needs, or take questions for a test you are designing yourself.

I hope this is of value to teams and good luck with the rest of your build season!

PDF - 2020 Infinite Recharge Driver’s Test.pdf (579.7 KB)
WORD - 2020 Infinite Recharge Driver’s Test.doc (248.5 KB)

Update
I made a worksheet to help people better understand G10 and G11 which are the rules that deal with contact in different zones. I am a visual person so this helped me see the difference between the rules and I hope it’ll help you too. I am providing the answer key as well since I think it is best used to help better understanding rather than as a test.

2020 G10-G11 Worksheet.pdf (480.2 KB)
2020 Answer Key - G10-G11 Worksheet.pdf (483.1 KB)

24 Likes

I had a literal shower-thought right after I posted this that G10 and G11 are BY FAR the most complicated and confusing rules in the manual and have the potential to cause the most amount of game-swinging fouls. I want to make a worksheet/test of picture scenarios to better cover these rules due to their importance. I need a break from test making for today but expect that in a couple days for teams who would want to use it. It will be posted in this thread

23b tech foul

1 Like

Good catch! I went through and corrected it. Thanks!

1 Like

Is there an answer key to this?

1 Like

@Tulkas
Yes,

Looking through though, I think it’s a better exercise to create your own answer key (I found it helpful). I couldn’t answer a few of them off the top of my head (especially the playoff specific rules) but I will definitely bring this to my team to see if our coach would like to use something like this test as a criterion for drive team selection.

Thanks, @Arevan!

3 Likes

Hi Arevan,

Could I ask for an answer key? Thank you for this!

2 Likes

Can I get one too? Thanks again for the extremely useful drivers test!

2 Likes

Hey,
Wonderful test that you’ve made!
I’d like a copy of the answer key as well please!

2 Likes

This is an incredible resource, thank you!
Could I please have a copy of the answer key too?

2 Likes

Hiya! Can I get a copy of the answer key? We’ve selected our drive team already but I think having them take this would be a great chance to see where they’re at with the rules and motivate them to study in areas where they notice their knowledge is a bit weaker.

3 Likes

Hey! This is a great resource and I would love to get a copy of the answer key!

2 Likes

THANK YOU for taking the time to make the test! May I please get a copy of the answer key?
THANK YOU!

1 Like

Asking for an answer key :slight_smile:

Thanks for making this!

1 Like

I would really appreciate an answer key. Thanks for this!!

2 Likes

Im giving this to my driveteam on Saturday. An answer key would be appreciated because I don’t want to give them incorrect info. Thanks for making this!

1 Like

Thanks for this resource. Can I get a copy of the answer key please?

1 Like

Nobody:
Everyone in this thread: “Answer Key??”

9 Likes

COULD I ALSO GET ANSWER KEY PLEASE. thanks!

1 Like

Can I get a copy of the answer sheets? I am a mentor for a team and want to hand out. Thanks.

1 Like