2020 Game Speculation

It’s never too early to start brainstorming about what next year’s competition will be. Anyone have any good rumors?

Since bag day is gone next year, and bags hold water, it’s a water game

19 Likes

Yes, it is to early to start brainstorming.
I may be wrong, but I think that people who work on teams have little time for these distracting posts during the first few weeks of build season.

What are you hoping to accomplish here? Have the alpha post for 2020?

You win.

As you are a Chief of Design, I am envious that you already have the time to think 360 days ahead.

:grin:

2 Likes

Just had some extra time, and I love to read what people think about next year :joy:

Actually

It’s gotta be a theme themed game, the GDC is obviously running out of ideas. They probably look at these posts for inspiration and/or restrictions on what to do…
:grin:

Go Home, Dream of Space.

Recycle Rush 2, to celebrate the critically acclaimed game’s 5th anniversary. More totes, more robots, more action.

Or it will be a generic unthemed game now that we have 4 years of heavily themed games and we’ve used the least cheesy themes. (Sorry for anyone wanting a pirate themed game)

6 Likes

water game

Recycle Rush 2, to celebrate the critically acclaimed game’s 5th anniversary.

Hey, this was Lunacy’s 10th anniversary. I was very disappointed.

I’m thinking some sort of geological exploration-themed game for next year.

6 Likes

Water game water game water game water game Water game water game water game water game Water game water game water game water game Water game water game water game water game Water game water game water game water game Water game water game water game water game Water game water game water game water game!!!

I’ve only been involved since 2016… but maybe ‘archeology’ if that hasn’t been used already. Or ‘paleontology’ as an extension of that. Something to do with digging would be cool.

2 Likes

We got all the way to space age.
Time to head back.
Dinosaurs or Flintstones.

2 Likes

it think pyramids

5 Likes

Introducing FIRST: Pyramid Scheme! Each alliance of three robots each will compete to try to scam the most money away from the other teams business team to achieve the greatest Pyramid Scheme in the world!

11 Likes

Cats.

Summary

Because the robots are out of the bag.

18 Likes

I think its going to be watery game

1 Like

6 Likes

2020 = 20-20 vision.

Some sort of eye based game with a boatload of computer vision opportunities. Bonus points for safety goggles to protect vision.

I wouldn’t know, I don’t have 2020 vision!

2 Likes