2020 Season Long Fantasy FIRST: General Thread

Ok.

I would like Ryan Kaplan, mentor of For the Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology Robotics Team Number 401 and alumnus of For the Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology Robotics Team Number 422 to become a member of the Season Long Fantasy For the Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology team “The Good Attempt, Season 2: The Great Mistake,” or as they are also known, “TGA.” TGA is requesting for your approval in allowing Mr. Kaplan to become a member of our team for the 2019-2020 competitive drafting season on the grounds that he is assisting our team in material ways other than the explicit drafting process, and the team desired to give him an explicit spot on the team as recognition for his efforts. Thank you sir.

7 Likes

Granted.

Have fun, and next time a quick note about “we want to add, is this OK” will work. I’m usually nice about adds/drops.

3 Likes

We want to add Brian Maher, is this OK?

4 Likes

Ask QD.

2 Likes

:eyes:

2 Likes

Weekend updates!

Minor rules updates x 2

And Rotations 2-5 are available. Waiver random list will be released after drafts finish up.

1 Like

Mr. Commissioner do team name changes require approval?

2 Likes

Seeing as we have to go through and adjust acronyms, notice at the very least.

3 Likes

shut it boomer

6 Likes

Speak for yourself…

BOOMER.

16 Likes

i approve of this team name change

3 Likes

D:

(full sentence)

11 Likes

Oh, ok.

4 Likes

Team Orange-utans, ORNG, has been issued with an official warning for missing the participation quota for the last three days.

Additionally, I’m informed that the picks they did make were made by requesting a fully-random draft–as a reminder to all players, that is a legit move but if it’s done too often I start asking pointy questions.

7 Likes

Orange-utans have withdrawn from the league.

This, of course, sets up some interesting questions about “what to do”.

1. Rotations have already been recalculated. Rotation 1 is 1 draft shorter than it was previously for obvious reasons.
  2. Because we have a draft “in-progress” involving the team in question, I’m going to release their teams from the first day of that draft to the second day, effective immediately.
    ORNG_ne_1 ORNG 2370 6895 4151 MIA ne_1, for reference. @nomythicalbeast @Hailey.faiella
  3. All other teams that were picked by ORNG will be up for a waiver draft–per rules, as time allows. Fortunately I expect it’ll be a fairly fast waiver draft (51 teams)–I think we can run it on Sunday, 11/17, either before, during, or after the existing drafts, unless I hear strenuous objections from the peanut gallery. (And there’s an initial waiver order already up…no, I didn’t hit it more than once.) And, uh, that one might be up early.

As a refresher on how waiver drafts work at this point of the season: Draft goes up, teams on the list are teams available. At this point in time we will NOT be adding any teams that registered after their draft cutoffs to this waiver.

19 Likes

Can we talk about some sort of repercussions for derailing a thread? It’s insane how a draft has 129 posts with ZERO picks. cc @EricH

We needed a second thread for the same draft?? Come on… this is just stupid.

We have had picks embedded in multi page copy pastas, mass spamming threads so the draft runner misses a valid pick, and flagging of posts in a thread…

We have a discord channel for this very type of spammy trolling.

4 Likes

@Brian_Maher right now

5 Likes

I think we need to do something about these false flags as well. Perhaps getting a moderator involved will be necessary if people can’t be responsible with the power of doing so.

Why was the post even flagged? It was a legit post? And the gif after it wasnt flagged?

Considering half the active SLFF members are missing from any of the discords and theres still no channel in any other 3-4(?) discords for dedicated non-serious discussion, im not surprised its turned out like this.

7 Likes