2021 Awards Submissions Editing Assistance Available

I would like to offer 2021 FRC award submission assistance to any student participant that would like an independent review of their written submission. 2021 is going to be a weird year for all of us, and these written submissions will be that much more important. Mentors, feel free to let your students know in case they would like any assistance. I can assist with WFFA, Chairman’s, and Game Design submissions.

I will review your work for redundancy, spelling errors, inconsistencies, structural flaws, and other small grammatical issues. I can also give pointers on the structure and content of your essay. You are obviously not committed to using any of my corrections or suggestions - this is strictly peer review. Simply send me a link of your award submission, and I will send back an edited copy with my recommendations and advice.

Here’s what you need to know:

• I do not share your submissions.
  • I can have your submission back to you within 36-48 hours, or warn you in advance if it will be longer. Usually, it’s much shorter than that.
  • Feel free to send me even the roughest of drafts. I will edit and re-edit as many revisions of your entry as you would like.
  • Over the character limit? Don’t worry, I can help with that, too.
  • If English isn’t your native language, I can help to refine your essay for grammar and phrasing to make it easier for native English speakers to read.

Not sure how to get started writing your essays? Check out my WFA guide here - it can give you an overview of how to begin writing any large essay.

About Me:

I am a 20ish season FIRST vet who has assisted with a few hundred submission drafts over the years (including many that have gone on to win at events and qualified teams for FIRST Championships). I’ve also been on Game Design Committees for FTC, VEX, and VEX IQ over the last 15 years.

If you’re interested, please feel free to contact me via PM. Best wishes to every team submitting for awards this season!

Amanda

17 Likes