2021 FIRST Season Teaser

FIRST just released this page teasing the 2021 season: https://info.firstinspires.org/2021season

37 Likes

Hmm, racing theme… This seems oddly familiar to a certain old FRC game…

16 Likes

Keeping kids active/athlete themed season for all of FIRST?

9 Likes

They are trying to do the one thing that FRC kids can’t do

be able to run

59 Likes

cross country/track theme. My worst nightmate

4 Likes

Will we finally see the long-awaited arrival of the walker weight bonus from Battlebots?

33 Likes

Getting a lot of Olympic vibes from that video :thinking:

2 Likes

Just when I am not building (any mentoring could be a bit of a challenge) - I have done a few half’s

Some sort of general race theme going on. (Running, Agility?, Cycling)

The horrible 2020 game pieces have had me already looking forward to 2021 - maybe FIRST is having the same thoughts :wink:

Interesting though, this is really early for a thematic teaser to be released.

10 Likes

First Momentum movement

Sponserd by the Olympics

6 Likes

Sponsored by Queen (Bicycle Race)?

4 Likes

Robot go Z O O M

3 Likes

Swimming is a sport

WaTeR GAmE cONfiRmEd

34 Likes

I thought next year was going to be the year of the water game

1 Like

I mean… sports…
swimming is a sport…
water game

9 Likes

Can’t have problems with game peices if there are no game peices!

Racing game approaches

14 Likes

My hope: this is a teaser about going back to abstract sport-like games in the vein of 2014 instead of the more recent games with grounded themes. It being made by the Odd Year GDC that gave us 2015(?), 2017, and 2019 isn’t making me confident in this though.

My actual prediction: Each of the scenes teases a different program’s game. FLL and Jr FLL’s challenges will be genericly themed to athletics and exercise, FTC will have a game where hanging and moving across monkey-like bars will be involved, and FRC will have a game element requiring robots to balance themselves on two wheels much like a bicycle. The crowd at the end represents all competitions.

21 Likes

Perhaps the implied premise is that the shield generator failed, so now plan B is to just run away from the asteroid.

61 Likes

Guess that means we are going to see an evolving story with all the games in the same “universe”. FIRST Cinematic Universe?

10 Likes