2021 Hawk Talks
Date: December 19th, 2020
Time: 10AM - 12:30PM EST
Hello FRC community!
The Steel Hawks are more than excited to invite you to our Hawk Talks next week. We will be covering a variety of topics this year, ranging from transitioning into a remote world to the mechanical design process. We will also be holding a special presentation debuting and covering our new Hybrid Vision System. For a full catalog of topics being covered, take a look at the list below. If you want to sign up, feel free to fill out this Google Form!
Once you fill out this form an email will be sent to you containing the zoom link. Looking forward to seeing you there!
Vice President of Fabrication and Software Engineering
P.S. if the above link does not work for you, here is the URL: https://forms.gle/49yJDx7egYap3cGz9
Session 1 (10:15 - 10:45 AM EST)
- Transitioning to a Remote World - How to communicate and bond in our virtual world
- Drivetrain - How to design and build a drivetrain
- Auto - How to develop a custom autonomous system
- Robot Code & PID - How does the WPILib library and the command base template work?
Session 2 (11:00 - 11:30 AM EST)
- Scouting + ScoutApp - How to methodically read the game and the competition with the use of digital media
- Mechanical Design Process - How to systematically design subsystems and piece them together
- PR / Chairman’s - How to perform outreach in the community, and how to incorporate this outreach and other developments into the Chairman’s essay
- Basic Vision - How to design and implement a traditional vision system using OpenCV and Websockets
Session 3 (11:45 - 12:15 PM EST)
- Electrical - Basics to electronics in FRC
- Bumpers - How to design beautiful, hard duty, kick butt bumpers
- Photography + Social Media- How to take pictures and perform outreach on social media
- Supercharging Vision with Machine Learning - How to design and implement a hybrid vision system using TensorFlow, OpenCV, and Websockets