2021 Team 1619 Reveal

Team 1619, Up-A-Creek Robotics, is proud to present our all-new robot for the 2021 Infinite Recharge at Home Skills Competition:

After years of considering a swerve drive robot, we decided this season was a great opportunity to go for it. It has been a challenging season, and we are glad to have made it to this point. Our students put in a tremendous effort, and we are very thankful to our mentors and sponsors for their never-ending support.

99 Likes

First one here I assume? Super excited to see it! My team also thought this was the year for swerve!

1 Like

Love the intake solution! Super clever

5 Likes

This was amazing to watch, definitely put a smile on my face this morning!

That was … hella quick!! was any of that sped up or is that normal speed?

Most of the clips are actually slightly slowed down to fit well with the music. None of them are sped up.

52 Likes

It’s always a good time when a 1619 reveal video comes out! Great job on the challenges yall!

Are those inverted motor swerve modules? Any chance you’ll be publishing CAD and code eventually?

The speed is ridiculous. Just wow.

4 Likes

It looks like those are not only inverted motors, but it also appears that there are 2 Falcons on drive per module. If all you need to do is drive and pick up Power Cells with rubber bands, why not dedicate 12 motors to drive?

There was definitely an optimization game that could be played just for IRaH, and it seems clear to me that 1619 played that game to the max.

There was some will to win on this team…

8 Likes

yup, 12 falcon drive

sorry for low quality screenshot

21 Likes

I don’t know how many torques that is but it is at least eleveteen of them.

25 Likes

Looks like a MK3 that has been modified to invert the motors and add an extra one to the drive?

5 Likes

inverted motors and they have a higher gearing if I am reading the falcon to module pulley correctly

2 Likes

I too like the idea of an industrial carpet shredder…

Seriously though…

21 Likes

Schmovin

1 Like

How many points for the PPC?

I give it 12 ugga-duggas.

4 Likes

Am I mistaken, or does the video show the robot starting with arms outside the starting configuration during the GSC?

3 Likes

Just curious. What was the thought process behind no shooter?