2022 game speculation

Since we already have speculation threads for 2020 and 2021, and have more or less figured out what the entire game will be for both, I thought we should start this. It’s never too early, right?

5 Likes

You have got to be kidding me. Dare I say, CD is turning into…Reddit!!

20 Likes

/me *mutes thread

This was old back many years.

just… just… :man_facepalming:

2022 will be Maize Craze, but with corn that has been fermenting in a warehouse for 30 years

30 Likes

Can we put these under chitchat so they don’t ruin the rest of chief.

2 Likes
9 Likes

There is a clear two year pattern going on, first power up (2018), the second infinite recharge (2020), and finally shut down (2022)

18 Likes

Maybe there is a deeper meaning to infinite recharge than we understand, if every year we keep recharging, it’s INFINITE recharge

1 Like

Unfortunately this seems quite real now with the state of how things are going

6 Likes

@catofnumbers is a doomsayer.

40 Likes

FLL is a cargo game.

Not sure what that means for FRC/FTC, but we’ve had a unified theme the last few years (please, no 2015 again).

2 Likes

EITHER! We need to rebuild FIRST city after it was destroyed in the asteroid attack, OR we need to get the ever given unstuck. Someone say water game???

2 Likes

Just give us a proper launching game since this current one was ruined. From my recollection, we are long overdue for frisbees.

5 Likes

Aerial Assault v2

please

7 Likes

IMO frisbees won’t be used again because everything would be very top heavy. I think mid and top tier teams would all have very, very competitive robots or at minimum whichever part of the game includes frisbees would be pointless as a strategic differentiator.

That being said, I do want a game that relies on some sort of promotional product (a category frisbees fall into) cuz it would be great if we ended the season with a slate full of seemingly purpose-built outreach demo bots.

2 Likes

Nerf Footballs!

16 Likes

Darn it, you beat me to it by 7 minutes. It’s a shape that hasn’t been used and I dread the thought of handling it.

2 Likes

There could be two sizes also!

1 Like

For $3K you can just add one of these to your robot. Then all you will need is an intake and an internal game piece transfer mechanism and you are good to go. EZ.

4 Likes