2022 RAPID REACT Teaser - Episode 3

6 Likes

Some things I noticed:

• Tote transfered from RED truck to BLUE car (coopertition?)
  • Tote was lifted upwards multiple times (elevator game?)
  • Close up on truck carrying tote driving over pothole (rough terrain?)
  • Lots of water, WATER GAME CONFIRMED
29 Likes

Tall Robots with rough terrain. What could go wrong? :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

How many times can they make someone say, “Water Game”?

13 Likes

I glomped onto this too. A thing I noticed is that there are no direct handoffs of the tote shown, other than from the Red Pickup Truck to the Blue Sportscar (Mustang GT 500). All of the other “transfers” are implied.

Thoughts that came to mind for me are Coopertition, and potentially one alliance doing all the “loading” and sorting, and they pass the sorted collection over to the other alliance to receive, sort, and deliver to the correct scoring location.

6 Likes

They’re so on the nose about moving totes around, I’m gonna be so mad if my initial prediction of filling totes with things and transporting them across the field isn’t true. FIRST is setting up a huge bamboozle just to embarrass me in front of my students on kickoff, I just know it.

23 Likes

They forgot to have the tote carried by a carpet of army ants. :ant: :ant: :ant: :ant: :roll_eyes:

But it supports my suggestion from August:

3 Likes

And that is really what teasers are for. We’re all supposed to speculate and then they throw us a complete curveball come Kick-off. Knowing FIRST HQ, the only crates will be the ones the KoP comes in.

3 Likes

With my luck, this teaser is really trying to tell me about all of the back and forth trips I’ll need to take to transport the kit of parts totes from our kickoff location to our shop.

8 Likes

Yep this whole series of teasers could just be about how transportation got the kit of parts to us at kickoff. The tote shown could just be representative of “delivering” the new game, which will finally arrive during kickoff and when they open it they will reveal the game they put in it.

7 Likes

Could be:

1 Like

If I were to hazard a guess based on what we’ve seen so far…

• There will be a variety of ways to move the game piece.
  • Both alliances will need to work together somehow.
  • The game piece will not be a tote.
  • There will be difficult terrain on the field… but not Glasliner FRP, despite the Zamboni. (Don’t rule out HDPE, though.)
1 Like

Watch that this has nothing to do with the game and FIRST just wanted us to waste 3 minutes watching a tote travel the world. That would be hysterical.

13 Likes

Be honest Connor you’ve watched it at least three times by now.

2 Likes

The one skyline appears to be from Shanghai, China according to my office mate. Any other countries represented in the video besides the US? The train’s speed was measured in km/hr which might indicate a non-US country.

So, it’s a game about managing supply chains?

That would be timely.

3 Likes

That train looked like the Shanghai Maglev Train…you can see the SMT on the front.

The one segment where the guy was carrying the bin across the street on his head (at 1:35) made me think of Istanbul, but I couldn’t get a clear read on the sign in the distance to be certain.

How dare you say such things. But yea I’ve watched it like 4 times.

2 Likes

On top of those two, both the bus shot and taxi shot (car interior almost at the end) have non english characters captured. I might also go as far to say the Zamboni shot was Canadian with the presence of the .ca domain name.

Zamboni game confirmed

4 Likes