2024 Team Update 02

Thoughts?

8 Likes

I believe the edit to C means you can get onstage points if part of your robot is in the trap.

This was ambiguous before.

19 Likes

While NOTES delivered through the AMP after the
2-NOTE threshold is reached or during AMPLIFICATION do not contribute to the next AMPLIFICATION or
Coopertition requirement, they do earn MATCH points (in other words, and ALLIANCE can only “bank” up to 2
NOTES at a time toward AMPLIFICATION or Cooperition).

Glad they added this for clarity, though I bet most people assumed amp’d notes didn’t stack beyond 2.

4 Likes

I would still like to see some clarity on when the ten second clock resets.

After 10 seconds or after 4 notes enter the speaker? Or after 4 notes were scored after entering the speaker.

Since we can only bank 2 notes this could throw teams off trying to cycle.

8 Likes

being able to touch the flap may simplify trap scoring for some teams, I like that update. RIP to the robotic high note assist but that was to be expected.

3 Likes

Hopefully this helps:

1 Like

My interpretation: only if you are only touching the vertical chain-facing surfaces of the trap

4 Likes

not kidding around, dang

20 Likes

I do wonder whether the GDC finds it interesting or exasperating to play whac-a-mole with us every year.

35 Likes

Probably both.

7 Likes

… interestingly the EDIT: New penalty doesn’t matter in Elims since it only applies to the RP

EDIT: Still gives a tech foul though. So this just closes the loop hole of point loss to gain RP. Not as interesting as I wanted it to be. I tried to dirty delete this and then people started replying…

5 Likes

Still gives a tech foul though

3 Likes

I still want to know what happens if you score high notes in regular note goals (maybe by human player to avoid G408). Do the sensors know the difference, and if not, will it count toward the melody?

1 Like

Laugh react for “I love the way you think”
I’d expect the HR to manually correct the score with the scorekeeper, since there’s only three HIGH NOTES per team - including manually removing an rp if required.

2 Likes

Hopefully you don’t have to try to remember if it was amplified or not when you make the correction :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

This Q&A answer to 10 is also helpful. FIRST FRC Q&A System

3 Likes

Well, some of them may have some sense of humor. Q32 managed to get a reply “No, there is no CHUTE door.”

(Completely off-topic, why did they add a “Q” section of manual rules when the Q-prefixed-numbers have traditionally been for the Q&A? I’m kind of annoyed that we’re likely to end up with two Q101s. Hopefully neither of them end up being controversial.)

9 Likes

They made G408 even more clear just to be sure everyone knows :slight_smile:

Hopefully it’s intentional that G408 doesn’t also make you ineligible for the Melody RP. Would really suck to accidentally score a high note at the last moment and basically invalidate the other 18 notes scored…

Honestly I’m kinda waiting for a human player to miss the mic, and an opponent robot picks up a high note not knowing it was a high note. Wonder what the play would be.

1 Like