2729's 2014 Vision System

Well, this year’s been a great run for us and for every other team out there. But, since we’re at the end, it’s time to publicly release team 2729’s Vision System. It uses OpenCV, features ball, vertical, and horizontal target detection, working ball distance calculations, and not quite so working vertical target distance calculations. Any questions about it can be posted here or messaged to me, I’ll definitely be making an effort to help out anyone who’s curious. Link to the GitHub Repository

Some pretty cool stuff in there!

Might also want to look at the Hough Transform for finding circles (http://docs.opencv.org/doc/tutorials/imgproc/imgtrans/hough_circle/hough_circle.html).

Have you guys gotten hough circles to work with success? I know numerous teams have not.

Btw, the link appears to be broken.

:confused:

Fixed the link. I’ve used OpenCV’s hough circles function in the past but not for anything FRC related.

That’s a very interesting method of circle detection, never heard about that before. I’ll keep that in mind for the future, and may experiment with that method at some point, thanks!