2910 Robot, 2022

2910 is excited to show our 2022 Robot Thor.

Features of Thor include:

• VIW intake
  • High hub shooter
  • SDS MK4i Swerve
  • Transversal climb
  • Multi ball autonomous routines
  • Simple one driver Teleop control with lots of automation
  • Weight of about 110 pounds (without battery or bumpers)
  • 26" X 26" Frame Perimeter
  • 24" Tall (with the shooter hood and climber down)

We pushed our schedule out to far to make a fancy reveal video before our first event, but below are some testing videos of the robot in action.

Cycling:

Climbing:

As always, I’m sure the robot will evolve a lot through out the season, but we are very excited about the state of the bot going into our first event this weekend.

78 Likes

SWEEEEEERVE

Curious… what drove the design decision for the hood to shoot parallel with the floor? the climb? (excellent combination of function btw) Desire to take out kneecaps?

Is it possible to get a detail shot of the hood?

13 Likes

okay you could seriously almost spider man meme this robot with your old one from 2020 I think hahaa

It looks great :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Your climber design is genius. Putting climber hooks on an adjustable hood? Put that in the list of things I didn’t know I’d see this year.

21 Likes

The only reason for the shooter hood can go up like 90 degrees is for the climb. We only use about 30 degrees of the range of motion for shooting. I can post good photo of the shooter hood this afternoon.

10 Likes

That climb is… Wow

16 Likes

Congratulations on such a great robot! I’m excited to see your team compete this weekend.

9 Likes

Absolutely love it

4 Likes

Slick machine, can’t wait to see it in action. Love that the shooter hood doubles as climbing hooks.

2 Likes

The funny part about your climb method to me… is it’s the exact same one we are attempting to do.

Are you pulling yourself all the way onto the 3rd bar for any specific reason or could you technically just hang there from the telescoping arms at full extension.

2 Likes

Nice, Hood climb gang!

We don’t need to hook the hood on the top bar to score the transversal climb. It’s ok if the match ends a couple seconds before the climb routine is finished. The main reason we go all the way up is to get more out of the way so alliance partners can hang as well.

18 Likes

Why a same-side shooter? It most of the cycles, the bot is spinning around 180 to point to the goal

1 Like

It was a packaging compromise we made based on wanting a really short compact robot and the hood requiring a ton of wrap for the climb.

11 Likes

Does the 4-stage short provide any advantage over a single stage but slightly taller climb?

1 Like

By far my favorite robot of this season! The climb is fantastic!

5 Likes

I bet they just like building tiny robots lol

7 Likes

20 Likes

New favorite climb mechanism!

5 Likes

This is awesome. My favorite robot so far this year

6 Likes

Yeah - that was my initial reaction too. Don’t get me wrong I love tiny robots, but I think parts of this are small just for the sake of being small.

2 Likes