2949 PWNAGE: St. Louis Minibot

Team 2949 PWNAGE would like to present their most recent minibot. It will be ready for use at St. Louis in Archimedes. Deployment is a swing out arm from the side of the robot that lines up with the pole before the ten-second mark. This is servo-released. Then a second servo releases the minibot down the arm (slider). Both of these releases are loaded with surgical tubing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6vJcsy-4cE&feature=player_embedded

http://www.pwnage.foxvalleyrobotics.com/gallery/2011_videos.html

The sensors we put on our pole clocked it at .98 seconds. We’ll see what happens on Wednesday.

Any comments/questions/concerns (although I hope there aren’t many of those:p ) are greatly appreciated.

Looks good. Teams on Archimedes should not sleep on 2949. Its easy to get lost at a regional with 16, 71, 111, 118, and 1625, but they improved each and every round and at the end was putting up an uber, several tubes a match and now have a very fast minibot.

These guys are legit^ (to say the least). One of my favorite robots, and one of my favorite teams to talk to at Midwest. The kids are overflowing with pride. And they should be.

I’m sure they will make a great addition to any alliance in St. Louis. I’m still dumbfounded how to create a minibot this fast. The fastest I can seem to comeup with is 1.4 seconds (climb time).

Its easy to get lost at a regional with 16, 71, 111, 118, and 1625

This makes it more fulfilling when you perform how you intend to. Very intimidating but worth going to Midwest every year. And I think you left a team off that list… cough cough 1732…Hilltoppers…YOU cough cough. But thanks, its great to be acknowledged by a veteran team like you

One of my favorite robots, and one of my favorite teams to talk to at Midwest.

Thanks, and I’m glad you enjoy talking to us! I know we can talk people’s ear off sometimes… some people aren’t into that kind of thing :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m still dumbfounded how to create a minibot this fast. The fastest I can seem to comeup with is 1.4 seconds (climb time).

Simple. Figure out the max power you can get from the motors, slap some magnets on it, figure out the wheel size, and charge the crap out of the battery… well, maybe its not that simple…