2nd place at UTC. (Consistency and Honesty)

Posted by Anton Abaya at 03/03/2001 8:21 PM EST

Coach on team #419, Rambots, from UMass Boston / BC High and WHO NEEDS SPONSORS WHEN YOU HAVE DETERMINATION!.

Wow it was intense…team “9th Wave” picked us along with team “HOT,” team “Riot Crew,” and the “NUtrons.”

It was both fun and exciting. There were robots that could do everything, and there were some that did not work at all, and there were some who DIED trying to make theirs work on the field. But the most reliable were the ones that worked and could do it flawlessly. Consistency is important as time is limited. The qualification matches this year are worth nothing, the finals are the way to go. Specialize and you will win.

Every game needs 2 big ball grabbers, 1 goal balancer, and one wedge bot (a fast one). With an alliance like that, you will take home the trophy.

All I can say guys is you can wedge your robot under that bridge all you want, but you’ll have to be as fast and consistent as we have been.

Do NOT fool your alliance into saying “oh we can slip under the bridge to prevent the see-saw effect” if you know you were not made to do it. You’ll just screw your team over when they try and it fails. (i saw it happen).

We are the WEDGE bot and the fastest one. See you all in florida…(now we celebrate).

Special thanks to all you guys who helped this poorly funded, engineer-less team, who has ninnies with power tools.

-Anton Abaya
Captain Ninny and his Ninnies
RAMBOTS, #419

ps. I finally met Joe J and handed him a dew. He rocks!

Posted by mike oleary at 03/03/2001 8:32 PM EST

Student on team #419, rambots, from bc high and sponsors are overrated…go pocket-change robots!!!.

In Reply to: 2nd place at UTC. (Consistency and Honesty)
Posted by Anton Abaya on 03/03/2001 8:21 PM EST:

yeah you gave him a dew cuz we had some to spare…thanks to my deciding to go out and buy 4 cases of dew last night cuz i figured itd come in handy today
mike whos proud to be a pennyless ninny with powertools and dew
ps…i hope nobody cut themselves on the ‘pins’ we were making yesterday…cuz i know that i was shocked that i didnt cut myself making them

: Wow it was intense…team “9th Wave” picked us along with team “HOT,” team “Riot Crew,” and the “NUtrons.”

: It was both fun and exciting. There were robots that could do everything, and there were some that did not work at all, and there were some who DIED trying to make theirs work on the field. But the most reliable were the ones that worked and could do it flawlessly. Consistency is important as time is limited. The qualification matches this year are worth nothing, the finals are the way to go. Specialize and you will win.

: Every game needs 2 big ball grabbers, 1 goal balancer, and one wedge bot (a fast one). With an alliance like that, you will take home the trophy.

: All I can say guys is you can wedge your robot under that bridge all you want, but you’ll have to be as fast and consistent as we have been.

: Do NOT fool your alliance into saying “oh we can slip under the bridge to prevent the see-saw effect” if you know you were not made to do it. You’ll just screw your team over when they try and it fails. (i saw it happen).

: We are the WEDGE bot and the fastest one. See you all in florida…(now we celebrate).

: Special thanks to all you guys who helped this poorly funded, engineer-less team, who has ninnies with power tools.

: -Anton Abaya
: Captain Ninny and his Ninnies
: RAMBOTS, #419

: ps. I finally met Joe J and handed him a dew. He rocks!

Posted by Jeff at 03/03/2001 11:37 PM EST

Student on team #419, RAMBOTS, from Boston College High School and Don’t think we actually have a sponsor.

In Reply to: 2nd place at UTC. (Consistency and Honesty)
Posted by Anton Abaya on 03/03/2001 8:21 PM EST:

I agree with the 2 big ball grabbers, 1 balancer, & 1 WEDGE(very fast). If you noticed at the UTC Regional, both finals teams are based on that. Both teams had the same strategy. It was a matter of who could do it faster and with more big balls on top.

Our less than $2000 robot really works, Anton(The Biggest Ninny). Good Work Anton!!

Jeff W.
Chinese Ninny
Ninnes w/ Powertool!!!

: Wow it was intense…team “9th Wave” picked us along with team “HOT,” team “Riot Crew,” and the “NUtrons.”

: It was both fun and exciting. There were robots that could do everything, and there were some that did not work at all, and there were some who DIED trying to make theirs work on the field. But the most reliable were the ones that worked and could do it flawlessly. Consistency is important as time is limited. The qualification matches this year are worth nothing, the finals are the way to go. Specialize and you will win.

: Every game needs 2 big ball grabbers, 1 goal balancer, and one wedge bot (a fast one). With an alliance like that, you will take home the trophy.

: All I can say guys is you can wedge your robot under that bridge all you want, but you’ll have to be as fast and consistent as we have been.

: Do NOT fool your alliance into saying “oh we can slip under the bridge to prevent the see-saw effect” if you know you were not made to do it. You’ll just screw your team over when they try and it fails. (i saw it happen).

: We are the WEDGE bot and the fastest one. See you all in florida…(now we celebrate).

: Special thanks to all you guys who helped this poorly funded, engineer-less team, who has ninnies with power tools.

: -Anton Abaya
: Captain Ninny and his Ninnies
: RAMBOTS, #419

: ps. I finally met Joe J and handed him a dew. He rocks!

Posted by Anton Abaya at 03/04/2001 12:05 AM EST

Coach on team #419, Rambots, from UMass Boston / BC High and WHO NEEDS SPONSORS WHEN YOU HAVE DETERMINATION!.

In Reply to: Re: 2nd place at UTC. (Consistency and Honesty)
Posted by Jeff on 03/03/2001 11:37 PM EST:

but hey, it was a team effort from all of us ninnies at the college…tom, diego and steve…we all worked hard on that sucker to make it happen 3 days before we shipped…

(now stop touching our fragile little bot when we’re not looking!!) :stuck_out_tongue:

-anton

ps. our arm is flammable now after that paintjob…tsk tsk.