3 Questions..........

Posted by Kyle Gilbert.

Student on team #45, Technokats, from Kokomo High School and Delphi Automotive Systems.

Posted on 10/19/2000 4:47 PM MST

1. In the rule, ‘A double score multiplier will be awarded to the team that has the square ball rack on its side of the field and not out of bounds at the conclusion of the 3 minute round’, what is defined as ‘its side of the field?’ In an elimination round, is it the side you start on or is it the side you score on?

2. If you have three yellow points in your goal, what does that do?

3. Is there any way you could post a CAD file on the website to download?

Thanks
    Kyle

Posted by Joe Johnson.   [PICTURE: SAME | NEW | HELP]

Engineer on team #47, Chief Delphi, from Pontiac Central High School and Delphi Automotive Systems.

Posted on 10/19/2000 5:31 PM MST

In Reply to: 3 Questions… posted by Kyle Gilbert on 10/19/2000 4:47 PM MST:

: 1. In the rule, ‘A double score multiplier will be awarded to the team that has the square ball rack on its side of the field and not out of bounds at the conclusion of the 3 minute round’, what is defined as ‘its side of the field?’ In an elimination round, is it the side you start on or is it the side you score on?

Answer 1:
Its side of the field is the side with the scoring ramps on them. It is also the side that the drivers drive from.

Answer 1 & 1/2:
The answer to this question is the same as answer 1 above.

See the field picture below for the elimination match configuration. That shows the proper field set up. Update #1 also has the correct field set up except that some bonehead (me :wink: for got to change the text boxes so eventhough the picture is correct the text confuses things. I hope to do better in Update #2. Note that we have totally switched the field configuration for the Elimination Matches from the way it was defined in the original rules.

: 2. If you have three yellow points in your goal, what does that do?

Answer #2:
More than one yellow ball in scoring position on a single ramp means that all yellow balls for that ramp are worth ZERO points. 1 scores 10, 2 or 3 score 0.
As an exercise for the class, what is the Maximum Score an alliance can get? My answer: 108.
As a further exercise for the class, what is the Q-points a team can score? My answer: 206 (by winning 108-49) Is there another way to get 206 Qpoints?

: 3. Is there any way you could post a CAD file on the website to download?

Answer #3
Sorry, not likely. Why do you want it?

Joe J.

Posted by Joe Johnson.   [PICTURE: SAME | NEW | HELP]

Engineer on team #47, Chief Delphi, from Pontiac Central High School and Delphi Automotive Systems.

Posted on 10/19/2000 5:37 PM MST

In Reply to: 3.5 Answers… & 3.5 Questions of my own… posted by Joe Johnson on 10/19/2000 5:31 PM MST:

Is is too late to change my answers to my own questions?

I have GOT to get more sleep?

Let me be the first to point out that 206 is NOT a possible Q-point score.

I will not hazard another answer at this point.

Any other takers?

Joe J.

Posted by Mike Aubry.

Engineer on team #47, Chiefs, from Pontiac Central and Delphi .

Posted on 10/19/2000 10:06 PM MST

In Reply to: I KNEW this kind of thing would happen! posted by Joe Johnson on 10/19/2000 5:37 PM MST:

: Is is too late to change my answers to my own questions?

: I have GOT to get more sleep?

: Let me be the first to point out that 206 is NOT a possible Q-point score.

: I will not hazard another answer at this point.
The best score possible is 108 to 45, this equates to 198 q-pts for the winning team and 99 q-pts for the losing team. Winning team ramps = 1 yellow(10)and the rest as normal scores 1,3,3,5,5 in each, and the doubler. The other team ramps are filled, only one yellow ball left - so its in one of the 1pt spots. The q-pts are then calculated winner score plus double the losers (108+90) and the losers is 45 + 54. Hope i’m right!
: Any other takers?

: Joe J.

Posted by Raul.   [PICTURE: SAME | NEW | HELP]

Engineer on team #111, Wildstang, from Rolling Meadows & Wheeling HS and Motorola.

Posted on 10/20/2000 5:41 AM MST

In Reply to: Re: I’ll watch your back! posted by Mike Aubry on 10/19/2000 10:06 PM MST:

You can also win 90 to 54 and get the same 198 Q-points.

Raul

Posted by Mike Aubry.

Engineer on team #47, Chiefs, from Pontiac Central and Delphi .

Posted on 10/20/2000 4:24 PM MST

In Reply to: Re: I’ll watch your back! posted by Raul on 10/20/2000 5:41 AM MST:

: You can also win 90 to 54 and get the same 198 Q-points.

: Raul

Right on - good work my friend!