3134 3275 update

6 Likes

Love the work, teams! Keep it up! Too bad we will miss competing at regionals this year… good luck!

1 Like

I’m digging the turret tracking! If I were to offer a suggestion though, you might want to look at switching out the compliant/friction wheel for a timing belt and pulley. One way to do this is by reversing the belt and gluing it/sticking it around the edge of your turret and then running a pulley on your turrets motor to fit the belt. It might help make your tracking a bit smoother - that and getting down into the nuts and bolts of tuning the code.

6 Likes

Good assembly progress so far!

If I may offer a suggestion: focus your next efforts on getting the drive base moving, then collecting/feeding power cells to your shooter. The turret tracking is awesome, but not too useful if without power cells to feed it (maybe you’re already considering this).

Keep posting updates!

3 Likes

Looks good! Lots of good suggestions in the posts above mine. Seems like you guys have a track in there to deliver the balls to the shooter, and looks like you already have some poly cord and pulleys in there for the vertical movement. Looks like you guys are in a good spot for the end of week 2! Excited to see what’s to come!

1 Like

Awesome progress! I’d echo Marshall’s suggestion for wrapping timing belt on your turret and driving it with a smaller pulley (flange removed will be easier) so you have a more reliable, consistent, and harder to skip turret! The only thing I’m not sure of is if an epoxy would mess with the belt.

Looks awesome, I gotta say I love seeing a painted kitbot chassis. Neat method of using those churros as well.

1 Like

We got a temporary mount for electrical and our shooter feeder work. Turret has a little bit of a hard time staying on point with movement. Wheel isn’t slipping nor is it maxing speed. May have to try the belt idea. Next is an intake than a climber.
Stay tuned :slightly_smiling_face:

I remember 254 developed something in 2016? for their turret to not just try to follow where the vision target is currently seen, but where it will be located based on robot speed/acceleration/orientation. That’s probably your issue because the turret pointed at the goal, but the robot/ball had sideways momentum and so it missed the target.

2 Likes

I didn’t think of that but Yes of course. Things are going to get more complex …

1 Like

Swapped out the the plywood for aluminum. Some assembly still required…

4 Likes

You guys are really stepping it up this year! I’m extremely excited to see how this thing works for you. Congrats on the early build season success, capatilize on it and turn this into your best year ever!

1 Like

Well the work continues. Intake prototype V1.

2 Likes

And we got these in the mail today :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

End of week 4. Team 3134 Accelerators all Female team from MN
Specs so far.
Drive train - am14u4 with 8 wheel upgrade and 4 Falcon 500’s

Hooded shooter- Neo direct drive to 6in AM high grip wheels on a lazy Susan off of Amazon with a AM snowblower motor connected to a 4 in compliant wheel to rotate. System is guided by a Lime Light 2.

Intake/ball transfer - 2x 775 pro with a 10 to 1 VP connected to churro tube with 3d printed drive and driven pulleys. 1/4 poly cord from McMaster Carr.

Defiantly still some bugs to work out and tune it in.
Next climber prototypes :wink:

Is there a reason why your drop-down intake isn’t full bumper width?

The point of these intakes is to cut down on driver precision, but your current design doesn’t fully address this.

It may be in time. Having trouble with PC jamming up.

Week 5 update. Got our climber working! and a walk around the 3134 robot.

2 Likes

Picture of 3134 late Wednesday. Got the bumpers on tonight. We are week 0 ready. Time to test some stuff out.

Google Photos

1 Like

Have you guys tested your climbing mechanism when the hanging bar is not leveled?
If so, how does it do?

We have not. We plan on climbing first in the middle at this time. But we will try it on Saturday.

1 Like