3D Animation Events/Workshops

There are several Animation events in the works in conjunction with SEMAFX(Southeastern Michigan Animation and FX network)
www.semafx.net
The first of which is Oct 7th at SchoolCraft College, Livonia,MI Where Discreet will be having a 3ds max6 release party . There will be demos of 3ds max and combustion as well as training sessions.

We’d love to get as many students and teachers to the event as possible.

There are other events in the works so if you want to be notified of 3D animation workshops, classes or animation meetings in the area contact Randall Rockafellow, rrockafellow2@juno.com

Some Free 3D workshops are being planned for January/February.
At SchoolCraft College in Livonia Michigan.

Time and dates TBD.

It looks like I’ve been given firm dates for the workshops.

Saturday January 17th 24th and 31st, 1-4pm
VistaTech Center
SchoolCraft College
Livonia MI

Were having flyers made and will hopefully be mailed and faxed soon.

Registration details haven’t been finalized. There will probably be pre-registration available but I’m sure walk-ins will be welcome. We do have a limit of something like 20 computers. So Pre-registration might guarantee a computer station to work on. There will be some flexibility in what gets covered or discussed. I would ask that if you have specific topics, techniques or tools that you would like covered at some depth that you send me an email ahead of time (like now) so that I can be adequately prepared to provide a helpful and meaningful answer or materials to your request.

I can tell you that the January 17th workshop will be aimed at the novice user. The workshop will also discuss preproduction aspects to 3D. I know that for more skilled users that are already familair with the tools and concepts probably won’t be very useful. Of course attendees are encouraged to ask lots of questions that they might have.

On the 24th and 31st I hope to provide instruction suited to specific questions to attendees on an intermediate level. Which even though it will be challenging for novices it will be good exposure to see where else they can go from the basic skills.

If this is succesful we might setup classes or workshops in the future. Were counting on it that it will and already thinking we might do something in the summer and Fall. Again this is for your benefit, we want this to be helpful and useful to you so your constant feedback is important.

Saturday January 17th 24th and 31st, 1-4pm
VistaTech Center
SchoolCraft College
Livonia MI

Space is limited. To reserve a seat or get more information, call 248-549-2322 or email register@quantumdanceworks.com.

On January 8th in the Detroit News/Free press there will be an article about the workshops.