3d printing help need

I am bring a 3d printer back from the grave. I have made a lot of progress but I don’t know were to go from here any help would be appreciated it is a Wombot XL printer

No guarantee this is the problem but could it be the belt tightness? I remember seeing somewhere having belts that are too loose can cause that wobbling effect.

1 Like

In no particular order:
poor bed adhesion, nozzle might be too far from the bed or you may need some adhesive on the painter’s tape.
meh part cooling
fluctuating extrusion and/or Z wobble

What material is this?

This page is also very helpful, you don’t need to be using S3D: https://www.simplify3d.com/support/print-quality-troubleshooting/

1 Like

Thanks for the link it is pla material

I’m not sure if this is also a factor, but your PLA might have picked up some moisture from the air since you said you pulled it out from a while ago. The print looks somewhat consistent with what a print would look like with moist PLA, so just an odd speculation

I find using “older” filament leads to bad things in 3d printing. Printing with new filament is one of the first steps in establishing repeatable quality prints.

1 Like

A few other things:

You might be over extruding?
Looks like either your fan isn’t cooling parts well or it’s printing too hot.

Old filament is definitley a factor as well. Trying new filament could lead to drastically better results.

So here some updates. I tighten the belt belt in the X axis and it seemed like it wasn’t getting any tighter until during one of the test prints the belt broke lose. Witch led to the discovery that someone had use hot glue to connect the belt to the carriage. I then checked the manual. And reconnected the belt. Also I leveled the X axis wrong and had to redo it and the bed. And now I am try to straighten out the retraction problem.

Thank y’all for your input and keep it coming

You could try printing some test prints like a speed test, a temperature test or a calibration cube to try to narrow down the issue. If those don’t turn out good enough to help, the next step might be to calibrate your steps per mm and see what that does.