3rd Competition Awards

I was wondering if you receive qualification points at a 3rd competition for any award you win there.

It says in the FRC Standard District Points Ranking System(link below):

“District Teams participating in three or more district events during the season do not earn points for their actions at any
district events that follow the first two they attend chronologically, though they will still be eligible for awards at those
later events, and any benefits that go along with winning those awards. As an example, this would include the
automatic bye to the District Championship for winning the Chairman’s Award.”

My understanding is you cannot earn points from any “actions”, so like qualification and elimination matches, but you still receive any benefit that goes with an award. Qualification points is a what I consider a benefit to awards. Is this correct? Or do these benefits only apply to prestigious awards such as EI or Chairman’s?

And is the Chairman’s Award still an automatic bye to the states competition, even if earned at a 3rd competition?

FRC Standard District Points Ranking System:
http://www.firstinmichigan.org/FRC_2014/District_Standard_Points_Ranking_System.pdf

Thanks for any help!! :smiley:

This passage near the end of the document answers your question.

Third District Event Participation
District Teams participating in three or more district events during the season do not earn points for their actions at any
district events that follow the first two they attend chronologically, though they will still be eligible for awards at those
later events, and any benefits that go along with winning those awards. As an example, this would include the
automatic bye to the District Championship for winning the Chairman’s Award.

though they will still be eligible for awards at those
automatic bye to the District Championship for winning the Chairman’s Award.
"

Emphasis mine

Firstly, I know there are teams competing for Chairmans award at Bedford, which would for them be their third event.

I am not the Q&A, but I would guess that because you can only accrue points at your first two events, this quoted section refers to DCA, EI, and RAS, where DCA allows robot advancement to the District Championship, while EI and RAS allow award advancement, and if a team wins EI or RAS at the District Championship, they advance to the World Championship. I think this is how it works.

Also, to confirm the DCA bye: http://www.usfirst.org/comment/1318#comment-1318

I realized I had made a mistake and changed my post to the passage near the end.