4004's 2019 swerve CAD release

Here is 4004’s 2019 swerve CAD. I do not know much about grabcad and uploading, so if I made a mistake, please let me know so I can fix it as soon as possible. If you have any questions or are looking to build your own and want tips, you can email me at nickgerstweiler@gmail.com
Link to grabcad: https://grabcad.com/library/4004-swerve-2
Any feedback on how we can improve it is greatly appreciated!

8 Likes

PSA: There is an issue with a file path in the model. Nick is currently fixing this issue. In the meantime, most of the model is still there, but it should be fixed soon

Thanks. We couldn’t believe how fast 4004 danced around the Archimedes field when we were reviewing match video. Congrats on developing a really successful swerve!

This 2767-style swerve seems way lighter/cheaper than other modules that require big x-contact bearings. You definitely seemed to make it work. Are there any gotchas with having two wheels in each module? Did you have any trouble climbing the Hab?

1 Like

Thank you very much, we hope to use swerve every year we can!

Each pod weighs about 4.2lbs, so we are pretty happy with the weight. Having 2 wheels in each pod is more of a preference thing, it’s what we have always done and we find it easier and lighter because you don’t need to mess with have extra shafts or have a bevel gear running on the outside of each pod. We especially like the 2 wheels because it allows the bevel gear to drop straight down the middle of each pod rotation base. We never had problems climbing level 1. Level 3, on the other hand, was a miscalculation of our pneumatics but that had nothing to do with swerve.

1 Like

Is the 4.2 lbs including motors, belts and everything to it?

It includes everything except for the 2 motor controllers and bolts that mount the pod to the robot frame

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/mobile/000/023/397/C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

1 Like

Haha yes we actually designed our first swerve revision off of a picture of one of your pods after state in 2017.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.