Reveal video can be found at: http://youtu.be/TU76Xct-mHY
We’re proud to present our 2014 robot. Name is undecided so feel free to post suggestions. (We also need a name for our practice robot.) Anyway, you’re welcome to share any comments or questions. Here’s some basic information:
- Wide 6WD KoP drivetrain.
- 2x 3 CIM single speed gearboxes, geared for ~9 actual feet per second using KoP wheels.
- 1" 1/16"-wall square aluminum tubing frame with laser-cut plywood and aluminum gussets.
- Frame hinges up using quick-release pins for easy access to electronics
- Laser-cut 3/8" plywood belly pan.
- Very low center of mass.
- Rear superstructure allows for catching.
- Pneumatically deployed horizontal roller intake.
- Constructed from 1" 1/8"-wall square aluminum tubing with aluminum gussets.
- Main roller is ABS pipe, chain driven by a BaneBots RS550 in a VersaPlanetary.
- Side rollers are BaneBots wheels, direct driven by BAG motors in VersaPlanetaries.
- Can pick up a ball from any angle in <1 second.
- Can outtake ball into low goal or another robot.
- Surgical tubing power allows for easy tuning.
- 2 MiniCIMS in modified Ball Shifter pull back catapult in ~0.7 seconds.
- Catapult is fired by shifting Ball Shifter to neutral and pneumatically releasing custom spring-loaded latch.
- Can consistently score in the high goal from ~8’ to ~20’
- Intake can be used to deflect shot downward for long floor pass.
- Identical practice robot!
- Consistent one and two ball autonomous modes.
- Custom OI with modified pistol-grip R/C car controller
- All metal is black anodized, wood is painted.
We will be competing at the Hub City and Arizona Regionals.