4237 pre-season WCD review

Sounds like there is a plan, just the cad didn’t show any of it. If you know how the boards are going on, I’d say it’s fine.

Personally, I like electronics on the belly pan. This does come with it’s unique set of challenges when mechanisms start appearing, but it’s nothing a inverted / vertical / separated belly pan can’t fix.

Next time we get into the drivetrain I’ll look closer but these would well for us. https://www.andymark.com/products/sprocket-17t-25-chain-double-sprocket-for-wcd?via=Z2lkOi8vYW5keW1hcmsvV29ya2FyZWE6Ok5hdmlnYXRpb246OlNlYXJjaFJlc3VsdHMvJTdCJTIycSUyMiUzQSUyMmRvdWJsZStzcHJvY2tldCUyMiU3RA

We’re driving our WCD Chassis now, but not completed the Bumper mounts yet. Very happy with the results so far. Confirmed that Half Links are NOT acceptable; especially in Drive Trains!
I see our template WCD was conceived based on the relatively flat fields of recent years, with intent to modify based on any year’s game. If we have a repeat of the Stronghold “CAT5” terrain, I expect possibly a 8”-6 wheel modification.
Besides lowering the gear ratio and shortening the Ladder bars, I am concerned about 18t drive Sprockets, the #25H Chain, or having to cut out the sides of the Belly Pan. Is there a preferred ratio between the Sprocket and wheel diameter? At what point is it essential to use a #35 chain? And it seems slotting the Belly Pan sides would degrade it significantly. Does anyone have other thoughts or solutions on fundamental changes needed to “beef it up”?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.