The team was busy this summer and preseason working on our swerve drive. We ended up making some modifications to the 2910 MK2 swerve modules and 3D printed a majority of the module. Everything was printed in PLA on a Prusa MK3. Big credit to 2910’s design that even 3D printed they held up great and allowed us to do some serious software development with them.
Here is a link to the CAD:
One significant change is that we 3D printed the main central pulley. It’s a difficult part to machine and we felt a 3D printed version would hold up for our testing. For the main pulley, we changed a few pieces of it in the CAD, but then we took the STL and used a different tool to add back the extra pulley teeth and regenerated an STL to print. You can find that on our thingiverse account (link here).
Developing the swerve drive solution and autonomous code was one of the challenges as part of our preseason mock build week. If you’re curious you can see a small demo of it here: Google drive video link. As a bonus in the video you can see the other robot built during the mock build week challenge on the bottom left. That one was a vertical suction climber robot (lovingly called SpiderBot) able to attach and detach to the underside of a platform via driver controls. If you’d like to see that one in action let me know and I’ll post a link.
Please let us know if you have any questions!