This looks similar to a lot of swerves I have seen in the past. I have a couple questions for you.
- What drove the reliance on the Vex bevel miters? Using the SDS bevel set, you could cut down on height
- Why so many shaft collars? A 1/4-20 bolt and washer work well and are less prone to failure.
- It looks like the rotating pod may rotate into a frame. Is there enough clearance?
- Why gears for the final azimuth stage?
- Why use the shoulder bolt on the bottom in lieu of tapped thunderhex? It’ll work, but the thunderhex will be cheaper and more readily available in an FRC setting.