495 IS FIXED!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Carolyn Duncan at 04/02/2001 5:30 PM EST

Student on team #495, The Pack, from Jamestown High School and VBEP/Raytheon/Saic.

Team 495 has finally fixed its problems and can finally get over the bridge!!! We just fixed it so it’s not too late. Just incase anyone out there was at VCU or watched our web cast.
:Carolyn
Team 495

Posted by Scott England at 04/02/2001 8:29 PM EST

Student on team #401, The Hokie G.U.A.R.D, from Virginia Tech/MCPS and Virginia Tech/VBEP.

In Reply to: 495 IS FIXED!!!
Posted by Carolyn Duncan on 04/02/2001 5:30 PM EST:

Define fixed? Is it now fully functional and capable of doing everything that was hoped of it back in the construction phase, or it can just now get over the bridge?(which is a triumph nonetheless considering the number of teams at richmond that couldn’t do it) btw, looked like you guys had a high CG, might want to start working on a solution to that, or take a tip from 401(118lbs with a CG about 5 inches off the ground) in future years : ) Just the same, glad we’ll be seeing team 495 at nationals, don’t forget the hair dye and sunblock.
~Scott

: Team 495 has finally fixed its problems and can finally get over the bridge!!! We just fixed it so it’s not too late. Just incase anyone out there was at VCU or watched our web cast.
: :Carolyn
: Team 495

Posted by Carolyn Duncan at 04/03/2001 8:05 AM EST

Student on team #495, The Pack, from Jamestown High School and VBEP/Raytheon/Saic.

In Reply to: Re: 495 IS FIXED!!!
Posted by Scott England on 04/02/2001 8:29 PM EST:

We can now get over the bridge. Our CG is a bit high so we had to adjust our traction. The idea of shortening our robot wouldn’t work b/c our bridge manipulator needs the height to set the bridge. Thanks for the tip though. Don’t worry, the sunblock and hair dye are packed. I have orange but I want to get red in florida so I can have orange and red streaks that look like fire!!! C-ya on the Curie field.
:Carolyn
Team 495