501.c3 Bi-Laws

Hello all, Our team is exploring the forming of a non-profit status and looking to see if there are other teams that have done the same thing and might be willing to share their bi-laws they have written to form their non-profit orgs. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hello
I’m with FRC Team 1501 T.H.R.U.S.T. We are a not for profit 4H team.
You can contact us at: (Contact Us – Huntington County 4-H Robotics)

1 Like

Here is the bi-laws from the parent organization for the team I was on in HS Team 303 RAMP By-Laws

1 Like

You’ll find a lot of results searching this forum with the correct spelling (bylaws):

https://www.chiefdelphi.com/search?q=Bylaws&skip_context=true

6 Likes

You can find a ton of sample bylaws with Google or here. Just know that nonprofits do have state specific regulations as well as federal regulations, so make sure you’re looking at bylaws that are applicable for your state. Some states have more detailed regulations than others.

Thank you!

:point_up:

You may also want to speak with sports/band/etc. booster clubs associated with your school to learn what works and what doesn’t.

1 Like

1678 started the Davis Robotics Foundation as a 501(c)(3) in 2016 and it has been extremely valuable in helping us manage contributions to the team and apply for grants only available to non-profits. A copy of our bylaws is on our website. I would also recommend getting the book How to Form a Nonprofit Corporation from Nolo Press. It’s a great resource for everything you need to do to successfully form a non-profit corporation and includes things like sample bylaws that you can adapt to your particular situation. Good luck and reach out to us if you have any questions.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.