As far as specific replies
- Yes, I’m well aware and would never build a robot like that! Those were simply to evaluate which wheel size would make the most sense; I put in both for ease of comparison.
- We plan on tensioning; I didn’t put holes there because wheels spacing is not firmly decided yet. Also, it wasn’t necessary for the sake of communicating the design idea.
- I quite like the idea! I took inspiration from this design:
- I’m also aware of that. The clearances are something we definitely need to work on, but I’m not particularly good with yet.
- That is also a thought I had after I drew it. It’s probably the most “iffy” part on here since it was drawn last and somewhat hastily.
Also, spacers will be used on the shaft in some obvious areas, but were not drawn.
I’m glad to see that where you saw issues isn’t where my initial concerns were! I was mainly concerned with if our sheet metal bearing holders and gearbox mounting would be able to support the load seen in a drivetrain. Also, I got a look at the 16 tooth sprockets when they arrived the other day, and they are a lot smaller than I envisioned, which also led me to question the integrity of the design.