8/10!

guess what! i’m bored, and it’s 12 AM here, and i just realized something. it’s 8/10. my team number is 810. i’m still trying to figure out if i need more sleep or if i’m just naturally insane…

Congradulations! Too bad it’s a long time till 2/47 !

Wait…

dang

Too bad it won’t ever be 6/96.:frowning: At least not until somebody makes a new calendar with like 100 days per month.

I’ve got to resist the urge to make dumb posts like this one. I want to earn my title.:wink:

I say we petition a 100 day-a-month calendar. It would make dates more comical, and all able to say “it’s -/–” Who’s with me?

or we could just rearrange how clocks work

stupid base 60…

there needs to be a 2:63 pm.

We could switch the year to 4 months each roughly 90 days long. As for the actual printed callendar, we could just cut and paste 3 months into one and then use some white out and a sharpie to correct the names and date numbers.

Except that still wouldn’t include 6/96. Well, we could combine 3 years and call it one but that would only get us to 6/91 or so. Or, we could just stop caring (by far the simplest solution).\

Hmmm. Well, that’s my hand at it.

in previous years nationals has been around 4/5 :smiley:

9/3 is when school starts :slight_smile: :frowning:

Darn… I don’t know whether to smile or to frown :frowning:

Hey, I was going to do this. Oh well.
Well right now (using my TV, is TV ever wrong?) it is 8:10 on 8/10, which is even better then just saying it is 8/10. :stuck_out_tongue:

As for the calendar problem, maybe we could just slow down the Earth’s rotation around the sun to fit our needs. :smiley: Anyone know how we could do this though? I am sure there are some Robotics people who have a crazy idea on how to say it can be done.

8/6 was 4 days ago…

*Originally posted by Rob Ribaudo *
**Hey, I was going to do this. Oh well.

sorry rob, but it was just after 12, and i was bored. plus, i figured might as well use all the time of 8/10 to celebrate :D.

Yes, 8/10.
That means free Carbon Leaf concert!
woo!

Wetzel

/me is listening to E:\Carbon Leaf\Echo echo\Carbon Leaf - 12 - Toy Soldiers.mp3

9:03 is way too early to be up… at least on a saturday… so i didn’t see that today… 9/3 is in 23 das i think…yeah!!! Kt and i were on 93 pictures the other day… We were looking at the scorefirst program and at MMR Wildstang’s highest scoring match was 111. aight…

or we could just rearrange how clocks work

stupid base 60…

we could always switch over to metric time! :slight_smile:

Of course, we must not forget the imortal words of Abe Simpson either :smiley:
The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!

Stephen

WOOHOO! IF THAT AINT TEAM SPIRIT I DON’T KNOW WHAT IS!

U see the team ego would of done the same...achemm..., But i was out at 12am last night rockin the streets. Spreading the word about FIRST!       

ok actually i was at a party…
But Still, it’s interesting how the first three posts were in the weee little hrs of the morning anyway:D

*Originally posted by Rob Ribaudo *
**As for the calendar problem, maybe we could just slow down the Earth’s rotation around the sun to fit our needs. :smiley: Anyone know how we could do this though? I am sure there are some Robotics people who have a crazy idea on how to say it can be done. **

Simple - the earth’s rotation is based in part on the distance from the moon… something about the pull of gravity that both excert on each other. All you have to do is increase the distance between the earth and the moon, and the earth’s rotation slows down. I forget the exact laws of physics responsible for this, but it’s kinda like Venus, who’s rotation is locked to it’s moon, so it’s always facing it’s moon (Venus’s rotation period is something like 240 days, the same as its revolution period. Thats one hella long day :wink:

Anyways, that concludes dan’s usless knowledge section for today.

It is now the second 8:10 of 8/10 (Agian I am going with my TV for the time). We should have had a party or something today just because. Oh well, maybe next year. Anyways…

What if we just got rid of the moon entirerly? Might cause a few problems on Earth though…

*Originally posted by sanddrag *
**…I’ve got to resist the urge to make dumb posts like this one. I want to earn my title.:wink: **

What have we been brought to…didn’t you say earn?

Well, according to my watch it is now 11:59 on 8/10, so I guess I’ll take this last chance to make a post in this thread. And Rob: we definitely should have a party next year. Maybe, if we ask our captains really nicely…

I seem to have missed 8/4. I think I slept through it. I’m oblivious to everything (especially in summer)