On day four prototyping was continued, both shooter prototypes made their first shots.
The drivetrain was finalized on day five.
Drivetrain production also started, first with the wheel shafts
A prototype telescopic lift that was able to support most of the weight of a robot was prototyped.
Day seven started with a prototype review, this resulted in us deciding against a rotary hopper in favor of a linear belted feeder. The intake was also started and it was decided that we wanted to push it out the front of our robot linearly instead of the traditional drop down style, this decision was mainly made to conserve space for the feeder system and climber.
Drivetrain production also continued with the frame being started as well as the gussets.
On day eight we decided to pursue the telescopic lift as a climber and design work started on it. Prototyping work started on a new hooded shooter with an integrated belt path to test feeding variables.
Day 10 came with a host of surprises, first was the arrival of our falcons that we almost immediately put on our practice robot from 2019. The second surprise was the completion of all of our driverails a whole 2 days early. The last was the (almost) completion of the intake CAD
Today we reviewed block CADs that some of the design members made, from these we decided that we wanted to pivot our feeder and shooter hood so we could make it under the trench run, give us theoretically second shooter position one for up against the wall and one from the line, and it reduces complexity in the climber and ball feeder. We also completed our practice robots frame and sent it out for welding.
We also completed the gearboxes for our competition robot.