F4 is pleased to announce that we will be hosting our 9th CADathon from 6pm Eastern of Sunday, Aug 9th - 8pm Sunday, Aug 16th . These dates were selected based on the responses from this poll .
The F4 CADathon is sponsored by WCP, and will be providing prizes for the top 3 along with other giveaways.!
The live show will be featuring a brand-new panel of judges and will be hosted on the First Updates Now (FUN) twitch channel!
Check out the video archives:
Ranks 1-5 https://youtu.be/bQHqa9WGe4s
Ranks 6-15 https://youtu.be/HlY7UwogzRo
Ranks 16-62 https://youtu.be/5ksf-PZX_vA
For those unaware, a CADathon is like a hackathon but with CAD. People/teams are given a short period of time to CAD a specific thing (in this case a robot) ending with a panel of judges selecting a winner. If you would like more information on the CADathon check out our second , third , fourth , fifth , sixth , seventh , eigth , or 8.5 CADathons.
- The CADathon duration is 1 week.
- There will be no limit to CADathon team size IF everyone on the CADathon team is a member of the same FIRST (FRC etc.) team.
- For CADathon teams with members of different FIRST teams, we will keep the usual rule of “up to 3 members” (this is to prevent the 10 best CADathon participants from 10 different teams from teaming up and making the competition unfair).
- If you are competing solo, but would like to be assigned up to 2 random partners, you can sign up as a “random” in the signup form and we will do our best to match you with a partner using the same software and in a similar timezone.
- Teams will be required to upload a exported STEP or Parasolid file, native CAD files, and any renders they choose to create to a grabCAD workbench.
- Teams will also submit a google forms “pit scouting document” which will help explain their design to the judges.
- All files including finals renders need to be submitted by 8pm on August 16th. Once done, the files will be inspected to make sure they adhere to the game rules.
The submissions will be split in thirds and each judge will judge 1/3 of the submissions. Each judge will them submit their top 5-7 teams, and the other two judges will go back and judge those entries. This way the top 15 will have feedback from all 3 judges.
The only prerequisites to join are that you are willing to spend time doing it and that you have access to some CAD software. You can be any age (this is not limited to students) and we encourage everyone from newbies to the most advanced CADers to put their skills to the test. If you are new to CAD and would like to be on a larger team to help yourself learn, please contact us as these will be handled on a case to case basis. If you are interested please sign up at the link below.
We have moved the CADathon chat from slack to discord. Please be sure to join the slack to be up to date with answers to Q&A questions and interacting with other members of the CADathon.
Link to join: http://discord.gg/BExfkH2
Sign Ups close on August 8th at midnight but please sign up as soon as you decide to participate.
Sign up form:
Regardless of what type of team you are (solo, 3 man, unlimited FIRST team, etc), ONLY 1 MEMBER OF EACH TEAM SHOULD COMPLETE THE SIGNUP FORM.
If you are competing as a FIRST team, and a member of your team has previously competed in CADathon, the team may use that member’s CADathon team number if they wish, by selecting the “existing team” option.
If you are interested in being a judge, please complete the judge form here:
Tune into First Updates Now’s twitch channel at 8pm est today to watch the live stream where the results and feedback will be presented by the judges.
The top 3 will get 50, 25, and 25 dollar vouchers respectively to WCP!
We also have ton’s of giveaways sponsored by WCP if you watch live!!!
- QTY 2 (2 winners, 1 each) - 1 Stage SS Gearbox
- QTY 4 (2 winners, 2 each) - 2" 40A - All black flex wheels
- QTY 1 - Bonded wire with wire nuts
- QTY 1 Pack - New Product, Angle Brackets
- QTY 1 Pack - New Product, Drill Bushings
- QTY 2 (2 winners, 1 each) - WCP Branded Safety Glasses