A day of FRC Workshops offered in Grand Rapids, Michigan on October 26, 2019

What: FIRST FRC Fall Workshops

When: Saturday Oct. 26, 2019

Time: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.

Where: L.V. Eberhard Center (GVSU), 301 Fulton St. W in Grand Rapids

Summary : A day packed full of information on essential topics related to FIRST FRC. It’s open to all students and mentors with FIRST FRC however new and young teams (as well as new students and mentors) are especially encouraged to attend. There is no cost for the event and lunch is on your own. GVSU has generously agreed to providing the a.m. snacks – Thank you for your kind hospitality, GVSU!!

Presentations will include the following:

• FRC Kickoff and Brainstorming – Code Red 2771
  • FIRST Information – Jen Jura (4956 RoboSharks)
  • Running Effective FRC Team Meetings – Nicki Bonczyk (107 R.O.B.O.T.I.C.S.)
  • Safety – Nicki Bonczyk & Tyler DeVries (107 R.O.B.O.T.I.C.S.)
  • Chairman’s Chat – Nicki Bonczyk & Tyler DeVries (107 R.O.B.O.T.I.C.S.), Morrie Cunningham (4003 TriSonics) & Laura Westrate (85 B.O.B.)
  • CAD – Mike Haaser (1918 NC GEARS)
  • Electrical – Mike Tucker (4381 Twisted Devils)
  • Pneumatics – Chad Potinsky (4003 TriSonics)
  • Manipulators – Wayne TenBrink (1918 NC GEARS)
  • LabVIEW – Jonathan Tuuk (1918 NC GEARS)
  • Game Strategy – Cory Walters (2767 Stryke Force)
  • Collecting Scouting Data – Matt Vander Ploeg (107 R.O.B.O.T.I.C.S.) and Alicia Bay (1918 NC GEARS)
  • Using Scouting Data for Game Strategy/Alliance Selection – Matt Vander Ploeg (107 R.O.B.O.T.I.C.S.) and Alicia Bay (1918 NC GEARS)
  • College Scholarships/Applications – Linda Baas (2771 Code Red)

There will be 4 sessions throughout the day. Most topics will be covered in at least 2 sessions. Some presentations will be 1 session, others will require 2 sessions to cover all material. Detailed session topics/times to be announced the first week of October.

• Session A: 9:30 – 10:45
  • Session B: 11:00 – 12:15
  • Lunch Break: 12:15 – 1:00
  • Session C: 1:00 – 2:15
  • Session D: 2:30 – 3:45

Click HERE to RSVP so we have an accurate count and our presenters can prepare appropriately with handouts, activities, etc.

Best of luck gearing up for an AWESOME season of Infinite Recharge in 2020!! We look forward to seeing you either this fall or on the field next year!

Sponsored by FIRST FRC Teams of West Michigan

4 Likes

Attached are the Main Flyer and the Workshop Presentation Summary Flyer.

FRC FIRST Robotics Fall Workshops 2019.pdf (61.0 KB)
FRC FIRST Robotics Fall Workshops 2019 - presentation summaries.pdf (167.2 KB)

Will these sessions be recorded?

We are working on that. We are not sure at this point, but that is our goal.

I’m currently 2/7 through a workshop series which we’ve been recording. My advice is to have someone whose sole job is to record sessions, don’t underestimate the computer needed to smoothly record lots of video, and invest in some lapel mics.