A great Loss

Around 9:30 pm (CST) Sunday April 9th, Team 1028’s Andy Underwood, was killed in a car accident after losing control of his car and crashing into a ditch.
He was a friend to many, a member of our robotics team and a student at Sparkman High. Andy was easy to get along with and nice to pretty much everybody, he will be missed. Below is a pic of Andy during the lunch break saturday at Palmetto.

andyunderwood.jpg

andyunderwood.jpg

Wow that is definitely something I had not expected to see when logging on. Please send my condolences to his family and the rest of the team.

That is a big will do. I was a friend of his. Im gonna miss him.

I would like to send you both My team’s condolences, and my own.
We know what it is to lose loved ones, and we feel for you greatly.
I am very sorry for what happened, and I wish you the best of luck
from now forward.

Wow…definitely didn’t expect this. I wasn’t sure what to expect when I first clicked the link – I didn’t assume it was going to be anything serious…this definitely caught me off guard. I definitely send the school, family and especially the team my condolences.

It’s weird though…when I hear or read of people being killed in the news and what not – it doesn’t phase me much; however, this was different – this definitely hit me – just wow.

Again…I offer my condolences.

This is very heartbreaking news, and I offer my condolences to Andy’s family and friends. We talk about obstacles involved in the robotics games, but this is truly the cruelest obstacle to deal with and I wish your team strength in doing so.

Heidi

This is a terrible thing to happen to anyone; I send my condolences and prayers, as well as my team’s.

Team 229 and I send our greatest sypathies to those you and your team. First is more than a competition it is a family. It is a family connected through competition and a blow like this saddens the entire family. Its just too bad that such tragedy had to happen b4 the championships. Once again i send my teams and my condolences to family and friends of Andy. We will miss him.

Team 191 send their condolences in this difficult time for your team.
May God bless the young man’s family and your team.

I’m so sorry to hear about Andy’s death my condolences, as well as team 292’s, are with his family and friends.

Team 971 sends it’s condolences to his family and his team. I can’t imagine how hard the loss must be.

What terrible, shocking news. My deepest sympathy to his family and friends. May God bless them.

Team 237 and I personally send my/our condolences. The Watertown area has experienced a way too large amount of premature deaths in the past year and a half or so… that kind of pain is horrible.

Again, our condolences.

Team sadness hurts.
Badly.
Peace be with you.
Jane

Team 1501 sends it’s condolences to Andy’s family and to Team 1028.
It’s a great loss when we loose someone so young.
Rest in Peace Andy.

I’m so sorry to here this You have My condolences…times like these are really sad…and so young too

I am so sorry that this would happen. Please send my condolences to his family, his team, and to all of his friends who will surely miss him.

My heart goes out to you, the rest of the team and his family and friends. I’m sorry for your loss.

I am so sorry to hear about this loss. His family, friends, and team have my deepest condolences.

Oh my, that is so sad to hear…

Please send our condolences to family and friends on this tragic news.