A Little Problem

We are testing it right now to make sure, but currently we think we may have fried our IR board. I am currently trying to register on the FIRST Q + A forum but I can’t register at the moment so I pose the question to you all, where would we be able to replace our IR board as fast as possible? Thanks for any help/advice, sorry if this thread already exists, I just quickly glanced over the forums and didn’t see one.

I’m going to give you one of those only half helpful answers for now… I’m sure others will chime in soon with more specific responses.

1. You do not need to be registered to look at the Q & A from FIRST. I would think that by now someone else has asked that question and the answer has already been posted.

2. Search other threads in Chief Delphi Forums for other IR problems. There have been many many postings. Since our team’s IR board is just fine, I haven’t read all of them to see if this question has been directly answered.

I searched a little for you and according to Ben Wrightsman from Diversified Systems, (the source of the board) you can purchase a new board throgh IFI. I found this in another post in the control system area.

Good luck!

You don’t have to register for Q&A to view it. It’s been asked and answered there…you can send it back for repair. (Where, I don’t remember offhand.)

I was kind of in a hurry to get information fast, so I didn’t really do as much “lurking” as I should have, our school system has a problem with getting us things fast (say some omni wheels we ordered on week1 and just got through the school system and sent last thursday), so I was hoping to find out if we needed to replace it as quick as possible. After searching I did find some helpful things on one of the other sub-forums (I did not check there to begin with, again I was being hasty). Feel free to post anymore help/suggestions though, its not a bad thing to have multiple posts to reference to =P.

I was kind of in a hurry to get information fast, so I didn’t really do as much “lurking” as I should have, our school system has a problem with getting us things fast (say some omni wheels we ordered on week1 and just got through the school system and sent last thursday), so I was hoping to find out if we needed to replace it as quick as possible.

We choose to have the items shipped directly to the room number in the school. It may sound unlikely, but our janitors will deliver it to us after finding it somewhere in the school.

You could also try having it sent to a team member’s home if it is faster. It is less secure because the person might not be home at the time of the shipment.

About the IR, I have read many threads saying that many boards were faulty when they arrived in the kit of parts. Those teams were helped out first, but I believe that it is on a first come first serve basis now. Any way that you can contact FIRST would work.

Good Luck
Jacob

IFI says they are out of stock, and that they won’t be stocking any more this year… looks like we ordered our replacement just in time.

http://www.ifirobotics.com/first-store.shtml