A Twitter Thank You to will.i.am

Will.i.am has put a lot of time, money, and effort into making tomorrow’s i.am.FIRST special the great thing that it is. I was thinking that tomorrow about an hour before the special airs that as many people from FIRST thank will.i.am (@iamwill) on twitter. I know a lot of you out there have twitters and I thought this would put them to good use.
Also if people could use the hashtag #omgrobots like we have done for everything robotics this year. It would really tie the whole thing together.
This doesn’t need to be anything complicated (especially since there’s a limit to 250 characters) just something along the lines of:

“Thank you @iamwill for all you did for FIRST this year. Can’t wait for the special! #omgrobots

This little “thank you” is the least we could do for will.i.am after he put so much effort into promoting FIRST and all the things that we do :slight_smile:

Actually, it’s a 140 character limit, so that makes this thank-you even less complicated.

And I’ll do this and get as many people as I can to do it as well.

Sent my tweet out.

Great idea!

He really has been EVERYWHERE the last few days promoting this. Makes me feel kinda embarassed for complaining about the stage taking up too much floor space at championships…

Were you thinking of doing it before it airs in the Eastern time zone? Probably makes the most sense.

Yes because I figured that’s when it officially premieres so anytime between 6 and 7 pm would be a good time to thank @iamwill

I do not have a twitter but I want to say thank you very much to Dean Kamen, Will.I.Am, Black Eyed Peas, and more because this made the best Championship ever! I didnt ever think of having the BEP playing at a robotics championship!!! But I really enjoyed the concert, the special on ABC, and meeting teams all over the world!! FIRST IS AMAZING!!!

A footnote…#omgrobots was used over 340 times on August 14th alone. We’re very proud of the little hashtag that could.

The data is here if you want to parse it: http://twapperkeeper.com/hashtag/omgrobots?sm=8&sd=14&sy=2011&shh=00&smm=00&em=8&ed=15&ey=2011&ehh=00&emm=00&o=&l=50000&from_user=&text=&lang=