A very sad day.

Posted by Mike King.

Other on team #88, TJ², from Bridgewater Raynham and Johnson & Johnson Professional.

Posted on 11/28/2000 6:02 PM MST

It is with great sadness that I write this letter.
A very loved and respected member of our team passed this past Monday.

Mike Kulibaba was a highly regarded alumni member of our team, having been a member of the team since it’s inception. He loved the team so much, that he returned to us after graduation to not only coach, but to take part in the many groups that keep the team going year round.

Visiting hours at the
Prophett Funeral Home,
98 Bedford St. (Rte. 28),
Bridgewater, MA. 02324

Thursday 11/30 - 2-4pm and 6-9pm

Mass at the
Catholic Center
Bridgewater State College
Park Ave.
Bridgewater, MA. 02324
at 10:00 am on Friday 12/1

Burial at St. Thomas Aquinas Cemetary after mass.

Posted by colleen.   [PICTURE: SAME | NEW | HELP]

Engineer on team #190, Gompei, from Massachusetts Academy of Math and Science and WPI.

Posted on 11/28/2000 6:44 PM MST

In Reply to: A very sad day. posted by Mike King on 11/28/2000 6:02 PM MST:

I just can’t believe this at all… I’m still in shock…

Kuli was always one of the best FIRST people and person in general. Especially this summer at River Rage did I get the opportunity to spend some time with him… I had so much fun…

I think I speak for most when I say this is a tragedy and he will be greatly missed… My heart and greatest sympathies go out to his family, friends, and teammates…

I will miss you Kuli

Posted by Lora Knepper.   [PICTURE: SAME | NEW | HELP]

Other on team #419, Rambots, from UMass Boston / Boston College High School and Seeking Sponsorship.

Posted on 11/28/2000 7:11 PM MST

Though I did not have the privilage of knowing him as well as some, Kuli was the definition of FIRST-a-holic in every sense of the word. He will be missed very much by all I’m sure, and I would like to add my sympathies to his family and to his FIRST family on team 88. In all, I’m at a loss for words over this tragedy.

You will be greatly missed by us all Kuli, but never forgotten.

Posted by Erin.   [PICTURE: SAME | NEW | HELP]

Other on team #65, Huskie Brigade, from Pontiac Northern High School and GM Powertrain.

Posted on 11/28/2000 7:38 PM MST

It has been said that when you know many people and they make you happy, at least half of them will make you sad by leaving you behind.

I wish I could have gotten to know Kuli better, rather than just through forum postings and one or two acquaintence-type meetings at the nationals.

When things like this happen it reminds us to cherish those who we love and know because they may not be here tomorrow.

Will all the members of TJ2 give his family my deepest regards. It is with great pain that we will come to terms with the loss of Kuli.

I am sorry and saddened by this news.

Erin L.

Posted by Matt Leese.

Other on team #73 from Edison Technical HS and Rochester Institute of Technology.

Posted on 11/28/2000 7:39 PM MST

I guess I don’t really have much to add but feel that I should write something none the less. I didn’t have the pleasure of knowing Mike Kulibaba personally although I did have a short correspondence with him through e-mail. To anyone who can, please offer my condolensces to his family and friends. He will be sorely missed.

Matt

Posted by Brian .

Student on team #56, Robbe Xtreme, from Bound Brook High School and Ethicon Inc…

Posted on 11/28/2000 7:45 PM MST

I think I speak for all when I say that Kuli will be greatly missed in the FIRST community, but he has forever left his mark in FIRST and in many of our hearts…

Sincerely,
Brian Savitt
Team 56

Posted by Andy Grady.

Other on team #126, Gael Force, from Clinton High School and Nypro Inc…

Posted on 11/28/2000 8:03 PM MST

This is truly a sad day. Ive had the pleasure of conversing with Kuli on many occasions and he was always a joy to be around. He was definately one of the people who’s opinions I enjoyed hearing the most. He was one of the original regulars of this board and I’m gonna miss his comments and thoughts.

My heart goes out to his family, friends, and to TJ². We will never forget ya Kuli.

best wishes,
Andy Grady

Posted by Kate.   [PICTURE: SAME | NEW | HELP]

Engineer on team #190, Gompei, from Mass Academy of Math and Science and Worcester Polytechnic Institute.

Posted on 11/29/2000 9:49 AM MST

I keep on reloading the page hoping that the post will change and it doesn’t say what it really does…

It’s not working.

While he wasn’t one of my best friends that did FIRST, he certainly wasn’t just a name that went with a team. I only got to see him a couple times a year at competitions and stuff, and it wasn’t really that much time, but I always had an absolute blast. I’m really going to miss him. He had the greatest personality in the world, guaranteed an awesome time. One of the greatest FIRST-a-holics that I’ve known.

I send my condolence to all who knew him, especially those in his family (be it immediate family or FIRST family). Mike was a well respected person and I’m sure all will miss him. Best wishes to all while you get through these hard times.

Kate

Posted by Mike Aubry.

Engineer on team #47, Chiefs, from Pontiac Central and Delphi .

Posted on 12/3/2000 8:19 AM MST

Sorry to hear about the loss of a great FIRST team member. (although we wear different numbers, we’re really all on the same team) Kuli, will be missed - mostly by those that never got a chance to meet and talk with him. Our regrets to team 88 and his family, Chief Delphi (Team 47)