A week to think about what happened...

I believe this is the time to think about what happened last week… It was a really horrible thing to happen to this country and the people, and our lives are affected forever.

Let us use this week to clear and organize our thoughts in the middle of sadness and anger… Let us extend our hands to whoever needed them, or just simply be there for others and go through this experience together…

Do whatever you see as appropriate during this time, and try to ease the pain in yourself and others who experienced loses… Whether it’s donating blood and money to people who need them, or talking to younger kids about dealing with tragedies…

It’s been a tough time, and we are not born to face such terrible loses… We will have to learn to deal with this, no matter how hard it will be…

take care…

As I think about what happened last week, I sit here and only wish I could do more. Here I am, an hour and a half from Manhattan, and all I could do was donate money. I’m too small to donate blood so there isn’t much else for me to do. I do have basic life support training, and I was thinking about calling up the ambulance company that I have ridden with before on Tuesday, but I was too involved trying to get a hold of my 2 sisters and 2 brother in laws that were working in Manhattan at the time, especially my sister who works a block away. And by the time I got a hold of them, I’m sure they were already gone. I admit I feel regret about not volunteering and going down to Ground Zero to help whoever needed it. I feel like I should’ve done something. But, I also know, I’d be a nervous wreck if I didn’t get a hold of my sister, and that my family woudln’t be all that happy if I went into the City, not to mention Michael would be a nervous wreck knowing I was out there. I wish I could do more. I have a flag (although, it’s a small one) hanging from my mailbox and I am grateful that none of my family members were hurt. I continue to pray for all the people who lost their lives, for their families, and for those who are still missing. Those are just my thoughts on the matter.

~Christina