When I first tried to use the kit accelerometer with the example it didn’t work (with SPI).
Then I connected it with I2C and it worked (With the example).
But when I took the example to the robot project it started acting wierd,
The wiring is the same so it has nothing to do with it…
The problem is that on the begin the open vi of the accelerometer goes into infinite loop, I added a photo of it and the loop itself deep within the vi.
In LabVIEW go to Help>>About FIRST Robotics Competition Software… and make sure you have Software Update 5.1.0. I think we may have made an I2C fix.
Open WPI_I2CRead.vi and check that the CompatibilityMode switch on the front panel is ON (I think this is the fix we made). If it is not, turn it on, and then right-click on the switch and choose Data Operations>>Make Current Value Default and then save the VI.