Acronyms?

Just curious, has anyone else besides me been trying to come up with acronyms for Freelance First. I have one, but I don’t know if it would be good for this mission (which i think is great :D) or not. Ok here goes:

Operation FREE
Finding
Resources in
Engineering and
Entrepreneurship

I know it is a push but that is what I came up with. Feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

How about FF?

So is the name FreelanceFIRST set in stone now? I thought there was talk of changing it. At least I talked about changing it.

Got another Free

Freelance
Robotics
Engineering
Effort

Feedback?

I thought you usually had long titles and then made acrynomyns…not the other way around. I personally thought freelance first was fine as is but hey, that’s just me.

Just brainstorming, throwing out ideas, thats all :smiley:

-Dan

yea, Freelance FIRST rolls off the tounge alot better than such things as self-contained underwater breathing apparatus :wink:

True :slight_smile: was just thinking that most organizations within first have acronyms. FIRST (x2), SECOND, why not third

The
Helpful
Inspirational
Robot
Designers

Hopefully that will be 294 next year, I wouldn’t call us that this year (a U on wheels)

Lol that isnt for Freelance First, just brainstorming, kinda bored. Leave it as in then :smiley:

The Acronym SECOND was the basis of our chairmans award entry this year. We were joking about starting our own organization and doing an offseason competition and one of our teachers came up with what it stood for, and now its our team moto.

Science and Engineering Can Open New Doors.

*Originally posted by Kristina *
**I thought you usually had long titles and then made acrynomyns…not the other way around. I personally thought freelance first was fine as is but hey, that’s just me. **

What i believe that DanielBCR is trying to do is…remember back in 2nd grade when you took your name, and made it into an acronym? --yeah, that’s where he got the idea…i think that it’d be a good thing to have “FREE” mean something…or rather, be an acronym. :smiley:

*Originally posted by Austin *
**What i believe that DanielBCR is trying to do is…remember back in 2nd grade when you took your name, and made it into an acronym? --yeah, that’s where he got the idea…i think that it’d be a good thing to have “FREE” mean something…or rather, be an acronym. :smiley: **

Acrostics! I remember those from back in the day and I see where this is going now.

*Originally posted by Austin *
**What i believe that DanielBCR is trying to do is…remember back in 2nd grade when you took your name, and made it into an acronym? --yeah, that’s where he got the idea…i think that it’d be a good thing to have “FREE” mean something…or rather, be an acronym. :smiley: **

Exactly. Thanks for the feedback.

*Originally posted by oneangrydwarf *
**The Acronym SECOND was the basis of our chairmans award entry this year. We were joking about starting our own organization and doing an offseason competition and one of our teachers came up with what it stood for, and now its our team moto.

Science and Engineering Can Open New Doors.**

Yup, thats where I got third from, first second third. :smiley:

I don know about any acronyms about FIRST, but how about a slogan. I think this should go on the FIRST water bottles " Thirst for FIRST" sound good?
Also our robot was the Rhode Warrior SS this year, sounds like supersport, because we had a race car roll cage builder build our stacker frame out of aluminum piping, and it also stood for stack slammer for our wedge mod, and stack stealer, and super stacker, we were too creative, (thnx Mr. T)

I like FreelanceFIRST just the way it is, with no acronyms in the name … well … other than FIRST, I suppose.

throws $0.02 in

  • Katie

Personally, I like just ‘freelanceFIRST’ - just like that.

But yet, whilst sitting in the car yesterday, I thought of this:

F - Forging
R - Relationships
E - with Educational
E - Experiences

I thought that kind of embodied what we were going for and also threw the word ‘relationships’ in there… which is a main aspect of FIRST.

*Originally posted by Amanda Morrison *
**Personally, I like just ‘freelanceFIRST’ - just like that.

But yet, whilst sitting in the car yesterday, I thought of this:

F - Forging
R - Relationships
E - with Educational
E - Experiences

I thought that kind of embodied what we were going for and also threw the word ‘relationships’ in there… which is a main aspect of FIRST. **

Thats the best one :smiley: Keep the feedback coming