Add F3D to allowed file types?

I ran into not being able to upload an F3D, and having to use an external file host, here. Could F3D be added as an approved file type?

2 Likes

.csv isn’t even an allowed file type…

As long as the files are reasonably small (full field may be too large anyway) I would just put it in a .zip and upload that.

There are a lot of file types used in FIRST, as far as CD is concerned it is probably best to limit what is used and just pass things around in compressed archives.

1 Like

It ended up being around 8.4 MB.

The thing about archives is that it’s hard to tell what you’re downloading - it’s a bit like a Pandora’s box. If you can see that the file is an f3d, you know it’s a Fusion file.

I can change the extension (or make it look like any extension) on any file I want, I don’t necessarily know what I am downloading, one of the hazards of the internet.

You can always describe a .zip in the file in filename or forum post.

Or name it “filename.f3d.zip”. Only the last period defines the file extension

I wouldn’t download a zip uploaded by a user on a forum. Way too easy of a vector for malicious files. Even downloading an Excel file from here is sketchy.

I actually prefer a file being stored in cloud storage somewhere (like Google Drive or Box) and linked here. More transparency into the file, and those services add an extra layer of scanning/protection.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.