AIM on Palms...

I know in order to use AIM on the palm you need the connectivity modem or wireless connection… Does anyone know any wireless products other than the ones you need a cell phone with?

there are some wireless recivers that go in the compact flash slot. I’m not sure exactly what they are but i know i’ve seen them.

I’m pretty sure Symbol makes Palm attachments or special Palms with wireless networking capabilities… try checking them out

[Edit]
http://www.symbol.com/products/wireless/flash_card.html
It’s apparently a 802.11b card that works in your CompactFlash port. It’s designed for PocketPC’s, but on Symbol’s wireless section you might be able to find something for Palms
[/Edit]

[Edit 2]
A quick glance at Palm’s accessory page reveals that they sell both modems and Bluetooth connectivity devices. For 400 to 500 bucks, you can grab yourself a Bluetooth access point. Didn’t see anything about 802.11b, but you could try Googling it and see if you come up with anything (if I found these things by just clicking a few links on sites, Google should come up with plenty of hits for what you want).
[/Edit 2]

springboard makes just about any attachment,
but only for visor handsprings

I have been looking at bluetooth for a while but I don’t think I want it… It’s too out of my league… I’m looking for something that you don’t need to plug into a phone jack or cable outlet… Also I don’t have a cell phone so that out rules anything that needs a cell phone… thanks I’ll look into them… please keep the ideas coming…

not only what I just said I’m looking for the best quality but less money… Also I heard something about Mp3’s for palm??? is that just for the tunstuns???

I think blue tooth would be really nice but i’m sure its just as easy to get a modem and work off a mobile phone connection.

But what I would be needing it for and where I would be using it I wouldnt have a phone jack…

*Originally posted by Pin Man *
**not only what I just said I’m looking for the best quality but less money… Also I heard something about Mp3’s for palm??? is that just for the tunstuns??? **

I just bought an audio adapter for my Sony Clie s360, so i can play mp3s on it now. You’d have to look into whats available for your model.

Yeah after talking with my friend that knows a lot about palms we have just learned that my model will most likely not be able to hold AIM… But I’m still doing to look into it…